need help asap, search wasnt quick enough - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > need help asap, search wasnt quick enough

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 01-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
gregmondro

need help asap, search wasnt quick enough

ok guys heres the problem.
im gonna do the tcase and both axle fluids in my Jeep tonight but my friend who works at autozone only is there for a few more minutes (my discount)

my jeep is a 94 with the quadratec system
(4 all time)
neutral
4 lo

i have the tow package with 3.73s

what I need to know is what fluid the front axle, rear axle, and t-case uses

99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
XJ 8.25 Rear End Disc Brake Conversion For Sale!
gregmondro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #2
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

In the transfer case, you can use Dexron III or Mercon, but I recommend sticking with ATF+ 3 or ATF+ 4. Use whichever ATF+ you are going to use in your automatic transmission. That way you won't have any confusion about what goes where. The TC uses 2.5 pints.
Front differential uses Mopar Gear Lubricant or equivalent SAE 80W-90 API-GL5 grade. 3.125 pints.
Rear differential uses SAE 75W-140 Synthetic Gear Lubricant. 2.5 pints. If you have Trac-Lok, you'll need an anti-slip additive, but it isn't likely you have Trac-Lok (limited slip differential).

HTH
Unread 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #3
DSMjunkie
2008 JK Wrangler 

you never cease to amaze me...your like a FSM on legs
[COLOR=White]White Jeep Club Member #982[/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy]Air Force Jeep Club Member #16[/COLOR]
2k8 JK
1997 nissan stagea drift wagon
1998 legacy wagon grip monster
DSMjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #4
gregmondro

thanks

is there any benefit to using atf 4 over atf 3 for the transfer case?
and also, for the front diff, would there be any drawbacks in using synthetic fluid?
99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
Unread 01-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Ladies and Gentlemen,

due to recent bandwith limitations, we ask that all of you refrain from feeding WVD's ego. His head swells to unimaginable limits and the internet can take only so much.

Thank you,

Management.

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
gregmondro

hahahs, so back onto the question?
atf 3 or 4 for the transfer case?
or should I just go with dealer stuff for that.
FiveZeroFive

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.