Need Engine Rebuild - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Need Engine Rebuild

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-04-2011, 11:49 AM   #1
Apollo24
2004 WJ 

Need Engine Rebuild

Ok so the bad news is that I need to get my engine rebuilt.

I need a good engine rebuild shop in the NYC/Brooklyn/LI area. My local shop quoted me @ $3000. That's a lot. I figure I could cut the middle man out and go directly to the engine rebuild shop.

Any recommendations on where to go? Thanks

Apollo24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #2
gothchick
1998 ZJ 

These guys have good prices on stroked long blocks...

http://www.precisionengine.com/rebui...nes/index.html
gothchick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2011, 12:30 PM   #3
Apollo24
2004 WJ 

thanks I saw I that but I'm not looking to buy a rebuilt engine. I need a recommendation of a machine shop or engine rebuild shop I can bring my jeep to and they rebuild my engine
Unread 06-04-2011, 12:35 PM   #4
gothchick
1998 ZJ 

Well... You could buy a built long block, and have it shipped to a local shop that can do the swap... I always try to upgrade as long as something needs to be rebuilt or replaced anyway.
Unread 06-04-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Dodgeram1989
1976 FSJ Cherokee 

3grand sounds about right. That's an easy 15 hour of labor if not more. With fluids and labor you are at $1500.
Dodgeram1989 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
Apollo24
2004 WJ 

So I went the salvage transplant route. I found a shop that actually rebuilds engines on the spot but the owner recommended I swap it for a salvaged engine. He said it was not worth the cost to rebuild it considering I just bought the truck for $2K. It cost me $1900 total for an engine with 79K miles in it to be transplanted . So far so good. This is my 4th ZJ and it seems this engine I just put in is extremely quiet
Unread 06-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #7
gothchick
1998 ZJ 

Very nice. Glad it's working out. :-)

Finished 4x2 --> 4x4 conversion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.