Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

In need of a engine manual...

398 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CJ7-Tim 
#1 ·
I have a '98 JGC 5.2, and I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an engine repair manual for this motor. I have the Haynes repair manual, but I want something that goes into more detail regarding a complete engine tear down and rebuild...

#2 ·
Haynes and Chilton's manuals are good for oil changes and brake jobs and not much else. If you are going to work on your Jeep and replace or rebuild anything, you need to get a Factory Service Manual (FSM). The FSM has detailed diagrams and step by step procedures for removal, disassembly, repair, adjustment, reassembly and reinstalling each and every mechanical and electrical part on your Cherokee. The manual also gives the part numbers for any special tools that will be required or that will make the job easier.

You can get a used FSM on eBay or a new one on the Internet. An FSM will be the best tool you ever bought to fix your Cherokee and you can throw your Haynes/Chilton's in the trash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.