need a door lock motor/servo 1997 ZJ Laredo 4x4 V8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > need a door lock motor/servo 1997 ZJ Laredo 4x4 V8

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 07-15-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
webhostingdesig
1997 ZJ 

need a door lock motor/servo 1997 ZJ Laredo 4x4 V8

I need a door lock motor/servo 1997 ZJ Laredo 4x4 V8. The automatic locking doesn't work for my driver's side.

1) how hard is it to take off the door shell?

2) can I just spray something on the servo/motor to get it to work?

3) should I get a used motor or one from online? any recommendations?

webhostingdesig is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #2
Kingr98
1998 ZJ 

Door anel s not hard to take off. I believe there are three screws: one behind chrome door handle, one forward and up, and a third middle down. They all have plastic covers that you can remove with a flattip screwdriver. The screws are all #2 phillips. After that, start at the bottom and pry out on the panel. I used my fingers, but some use a big screwdriver. There are several clips around the edge of the panel that have to be released. Some of them will probably break.

After it is loose all the way around, slide it up a little to get it out of the window track. When it is free look behind it and disconnect the connectors.

I recommend getting a replacement from the jy. This way you get practice removing a door panel and an accuator before you start tearing yours apart. Be sure to clean up the jy part with WD40 (I used q-tips to reach inside as much as possible. Then grease it.
Kingr98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.