Near your Jeep? Snap some pics and help me out! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Near your Jeep? Snap some pics and help me out!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 07-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #1
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

Near your Jeep? Snap some pics and help me out!

I just got done with my 5.9 swap into my 93 ZJ, and I fubard my vacuum lins whilst doing so.

It would be awesome if some of you could go snap some pictures of the vacuum line setup on an EGR (1993-1995) ZJ V8.

I specifically need the passenger side routing. To and from the side of the intake manifold next to the valve cover, as well as the throttle body connection.

The diagram is only a little bit helpful, but pictures would help me greatly.

1998 5.9 limited, DT headers, CAI, 3" exhaust.
FortCollinsZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #2
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

My 93 has a diagram under the hood on the rad support

15 second google search came up with this
b1faf14.gif

Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-07-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
ZJ_This
1997 ZJ 

Unread 07-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #4
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

So far, both of those diagrams are different, and my setup is different than both.

On the first diagram, the "intake manifold orifice" is something I cant find in my setup.

Unread 07-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #5
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

I believe this is what your looking for. I tried to take actual pics but its getting dark. Its kind of hard to see with all the other crap in the way. Let me know if its not and Ill check my other jeep tomorrow.
111.jpg  
Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Heres the other pic just incase your waiting.
fdbf.jpg  
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
FortCollinsZJ
1993 ZJ 

It was the setup in post #5. I went to JY and pulled the old lines, turn out, the "F" shaped connector contains the intake manifold orifice within the connector. I had NO idea what it actually looked like, and the diagrams only slightly help. Thanks Kevin.

Now, all the vacuum lines are connected, yet the damn thing still has a mysterious problem.

Unread 07-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Glad I could help. Don't you hate it when you finally get one pita done and another jumps out like a ninja out of the bushes while your late delivering a pizza. Hope it all works out.
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #9
STRRAYNGE
1993 ZJ 

FortCollinsZJ, I've got a 93 as well. I think I've got some vac line issues too unfortunately. I'm just in Wellington. Maybe we should look at each others jeeps. Might be able to figure both out!
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee ZJ. 7" Clayton Long Arm Lift, 9" rear w/currie high pinion, D44 Trussed front axle, High Steer, chrome moly axles front and rear, ARB's front and rear, 35" BF Goodrich KM2's, Trail Ready front bumper with winch, custom rear with swing out tire carrier, etc, etc.
STRRAYNGE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.