n00bie questions...kinda - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > n00bie questions...kinda

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsLabor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo

Unread 09-29-2002, 08:06 PM   #1

n00bie questions...kinda

Whats the largest tire you can fit on a stock ZJ? im guessing 29s?

i was lookin at a wrangler, but i got a kid so i dunno how practical that is, and the wife was going, blah blah blah i aint gonna freeze my *** off, blah blah blah.

So i saw a ZJ with a 3" lift and 31s at the trail, thing moved pretty good looked comfy. So id plan on doing similar mods but just curious whats the biggest size i can squeeze under there, just for daily driving?

Then when i get the funds do a RE lift and 31s.

16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2002, 12:49 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

According the this chart you are correct.

Happy Lifting
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2002, 07:52 PM   #3
ZJ4PLAY

I have a 96 ZJ. I bought it used and on the way home from the dealer I stopped at the tire store and put some BFG All-Terrains on it. They were the 16" wheels and the tire size was between a 30" and a 31", not sure what it was in metric. It rubbed just barely. I have 32's now but thats with a 5" lift. Tires still rub but that is because I never lowered the bump stops, I wanted all the travel.
ZJ4PLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2002, 04:50 PM   #4
Digger196

so are you saying you put 30-31" tires on a stock ZJ ?!
Digger196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2002, 05:10 PM   #5
ZJ4PLAY

Yup. I did not have the Up-Country suspension either. The ride was very nice too. Some tire stores will let you put the tires on to see if they will rub. Try it out.
ZJ4PLAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2002, 05:24 PM   #6
Camster

so i'm guessing the width was 9.5"?

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.