My zj in the works bb to 3.5" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My zj in the works bb to 3.5"

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140

Unread 04-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
1slickzj
1994 ZJ 

My zj in the works bb to 3.5"

Hey all just posting some updates.. Re bb+ upcountry springs rode like a tank...like most of us that wasnt enough so i decided to piece a lift for a few reasons. I went with RE 3.5 coils up front worked out to be 4" =108$ to my door. Because i have a i6 im going to use the upcountry fronts for the rear= Free
front and rear track bars 260$ to my door.. after doing alot of home work for shocks i called a friend at les schwab.. Gabriel foam cell shocks for 3-4" lift 45$ each with lifetime warranty= 180$ .. front yj brake lines 30$ autozone.. I have not put the rears in yet but i am very happy with how the front rides. going to remain on stock arms due to future long arm upgrade. So for around 600$ i feel i did ok? Nice riding shocks and track bars vs crap shocks and track bar brackets. Maybe i could of got a whole kit for that price but im happy. no more rubbing 31's... the wheels are mb72's 15X8 3.75 bs....here ya go
[URL=http://s180.photobucket.com/user/bdubone/media/35jeep_zps2a913c39.jpg.html]

3.5-jeep.jpg  

Last edited by 1slickzj; 04-13-2013 at 07:19 PM.. Reason: Invalid imgage link
1slickzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Thats the basics of the f> r swap. I would return those yj lines and get the 1994 .5 ton chevy pickup brake lines, they are longer then yjs, the only thing I hadnto do to get them to work is bevel the edge a little and no issues.

I'm running the dt 8000, the rear is a little stiff part of it could be the springs, but I have no complains.

Oh one more thing you will need. Extended bumpstops daystar makes 3.5" one which is what you will need.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #3
1slickzj
1994 ZJ 

Thanks for the input.. About the bump stops are they required? I don't think I have heard anyone talk about them here? I'll get them for sure if its a necessary part.. Thanks
1slickzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #4
Y0ungGunZJ
1993 ZJ 

Well myself and my neighbor needed them what you can do is hold off on them and checkto see if you need them once the lift is installed and max it out to see if your uptravel will be limited by the shock or bumpstop which it should be.
(o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ---------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
Y0ungGunZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.