My Repair Thread Disguised As A Build Thread - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My Repair Thread Disguised As A Build Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #76
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

XJ ones should be almost identical, the front end is basically the same, i think it's just a different length for the xj. You can use the jks website to compare the xj link length to the zj, the same part number for the discos works for xj, tj, and zj.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #77
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
XJ ones should be almost identical, the front end is basically the same, i think it's just a different length for the xj. You can use the jks website to compare the xj link length to the zj, the same part number for the discos works for xj, tj, and zj.
They are identical, and you're absolutely right. Same part # for both. I'm still looking for length though.

Anyway, I found the link to the quick disco's I was looking at:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/d...legit-1114424/
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #78
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Those look great, almost regretting my jks now, shouldn't be hard.just measure and adjust your stock ones. Maybe I'll build those for my niner.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:53 PM   #79
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Those look great, almost regretting my jks now, shouldn't be hard.just measure and adjust your stock ones. Maybe I'll build those for my niner.
Pretty sure that's what I'm gonna do too! Either that or be a lazy pile and order them off of Hudson or dukie... I kinda like the idea of making my own though...
Unread 04-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #80
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Gonna order some 3M 1080 Vinyl Wrap in black carbon fiber print for the dash soon. And install the 2nd swaybar end link in what seems like as many weeks these things are starting to piss me off... This one should last me until I can fab up some disco's for it... Even though I don't do much wheeling anymore... I'll upload some pics of how it sits now, but until then, I leave you with this little gem I found on ebay

Unread 04-15-2013, 08:17 PM   #81
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

As she sits as of about 20 minutes ago... Not a whole lot has changed...

Unread 04-16-2013, 12:58 AM   #82
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

love the jeep man. i really want the power of the 360 in mine with the gas mileage of my 318 anyhow i like the yellow accents. have u considered painting the hood louvers yellow too? it looked like they were fading...i have seen that done on lots of jeeps and love it! and lastly i love the mopar stickers. all my cars have one, its a necessity! i gotta know where you got the monster one though! thats like two of my loves put together!
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #83
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
love the jeep man. i really want the power of the 360 in mine with the gas mileage of my 318 anyhow i like the yellow accents. have u considered painting the hood louvers yellow too? it looked like they were fading...i have seen that done on lots of jeeps and love it! and lastly i love the mopar stickers. all my cars have one, its a necessity! i gotta know where you got the monster one though! thats like two of my loves put together!
Thanks!

Got the Mopar/Monster off of eBay. I'll post the link for it when I find it. There's a green one and the gray one. I went with gray to match the black/yellow combo I have goin on. Anyway, I thought about painting the vents yellow, but decided against it. I think I'll start with black and if I feel like it, I'll re-paint them yellow.

Next mod: carbon fiber 3M wrap on the wood trim (thanks to McCloudsZJ for the idea) and paint the dash yellow. Again, if I don't like that, it goes back to black. A little yellow goes a long ways, even for me

EDIT: Here's the link for those monster/mopar stickers:
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=22840163965
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:36 AM   #84
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Thanks for the link! And can't wait to see the progress your jeep makes. Keep it up.
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Thanks for the link! And can't wait to see the progress your jeep makes. Keep it up.
No problem man. Getting a high-paying job at the local pool this summer that will rake in some serious wrenching dough. I'm thinking supercharger?
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:49 AM   #86
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Haha that would be sweet! I'm not familiar with superchargers or their long term reliability. But I know they are great for power! You would need that extra money for all the gas you will be buying lol. But if my buddy does as planned with his hemi charger I may be learning how to install one this summer sometime haha. What's the price range on kits?
Mopar or no car!
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #87
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Ballparkin' it? $1-3k. This job will provide that easily! Maybe even a tuner to compliment it!
Unread 04-16-2013, 12:25 PM   #88
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Only thing I'd recommend (and since you're on the forum and seem to be a do it yourself type guy you probably don't need this advice) is to read up A LOT before any purchase. With my 89 dodge Daytona turbo I researched FOREVER before deciding what set up I wanted for it (low end torque vs mid to high end and what combo of turbo size, exhaust size, boost level, etc would get me there) and cost was a huge factor. Just like with a lift kit, there's the price of the kit they sell you, then there's all the little stuff that you need after that nickel and dimes you. I'd put the money into a lift and some armor myself but that's just the look I'm after with mine lol. Sounds like you already did that with one in the past... Good luck and keep the thread updated. I'm curious what's in store for this niner.
Mopar or no car!
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:07 PM   #89
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Only thing I'd recommend (and since you're on the forum and seem to be a do it yourself type guy you probably don't need this advice) is to read up A LOT before any purchase. With my 89 dodge Daytona turbo I researched FOREVER before deciding what set up I wanted for it (low end torque vs mid to high end and what combo of turbo size, exhaust size, boost level, etc would get me there) and cost was a huge factor. Just like with a lift kit, there's the price of the kit they sell you, then there's all the little stuff that you need after that nickel and dimes you. I'd put the money into a lift and some armor myself but that's just the look I'm after with mine lol. Sounds like you already did that with one in the past... Good luck and keep the thread updated. I'm curious what's in store for this niner.
Thanks for the info! I love wheeling, but I tend to break stuff a lot when I do. So I'll get all my speed fantasies out of my system before I go having a family and that's when I'll start with the offroad-type stuff. Hey, I bought a niner for a reason, didn't I?
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #90
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

I suppose so. Lol. I understand the go fast stuff too. That's what my Daytona is for. It's nice to play around with different goals when modifying cars. I would play around with the heads a bit if you're not afraid to tear the engine apart. That's where you will get the most power. Have a machine shop port and polish, get bigger valves, custom cam, custom intake, etc. Might be around the same price as a supercharger when it's tuned but it will probably have fewer issues long term(superchargers longevity is usually not near that of a properly maintained engine). And IMHO you can't beat the sound of a v8 idling with a big ol' cam in it
Mopar or no car!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.