My Repair Thread Disguised As A Build Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My Repair Thread Disguised As A Build Thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #61
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyB View Post
You can buy just the bushings through companies like energy suspension and prothane but that will not help you. That endlink is broken. Needs to be replaced.
I literally just went out and discovered that. So like I said, O'Reillys on Monday!

Unread 03-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #62
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Gave my baby a bath! She looks GOOD! Pictures don't quite do it justice, because this is one smexy ZJ!

And at the Y parking lot where it summarily died...

Turns out the starter finally gave out. So, I had to install a new one in the parking lot of my workplace. Lemme tell you, I got some goofy looks from people going inside! "Mommy its the lifeguard! Hey lifeguard, why are you under that jeep??"
Unread 03-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #63
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

And the problem child... For some reason, the one I got had a wire attachment on it. They must've just hacked it out. So I pulled that off and connected it how it should be connected. The easy way.

Unread 03-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #64
SINCITY192
1994 ZJ 

I must say man what a beautiful jeep, every suggestion I wanted to offer someone covered so instead of loading you with the same info ill just say I agree with a previous comment sometimes we want to use a air tool but certain spots require getting dirty!!! Air tools are great but there's nothing like a good ol' workout tightening a bolt!
Good Job though you are doing great let me add!!!
SINCITY192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #65
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCITY192 View Post
I must say man what a beautiful jeep, every suggestion I wanted to offer someone covered so instead of loading you with the same info ill just say I agree with a previous comment sometimes we want to use a air tool but certain spots require getting dirty!!! Air tools are great but there's nothing like a good ol' workout tightening a bolt!
Good Job though you are doing great let me add!!!
Thank ya much! I am still trying still to figure out the nut size for the shock stem (any input would be an absolute godsend), but it is now in the 20s and snowing. So there goes my "jeep fixing weather" under the Big Sky. To be expected around my parts I guess. That's not an incredibly complicated or time-consuming fix, but finding the right stinkin' nut apparently is!!!
Unread 03-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #66
um7267
1998 ZJ 

looks good so far
to the good times and the bad, the family we have and lost, little brother 1988-2011
um7267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #67
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by um7267 View Post
looks good so far
Thanks!
Unread 03-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #68
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Ok. My amp/speaker setup is starting to get very very frustrating. Every time I hook up the wires to my aftermarket amp (4 channel), nothing works. My sub works, so I know my amp is getting power, but when I hook it up sometimes I blow the instrument cluster fuse, and have no speedo, oil pressure, battery voltage, etc. Its driving me up the wall! I know I have the speaker wires right, but I still get no sound. Checked behind the deck, everything is hooked up right. Anyone know what's wrong?
Unread 03-20-2013, 04:20 PM   #69
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Just rolled 140k. It's the little things, I tell ya

And eliminated a stupid front-end clunk... for the time being. Still gotta replace the end link, but that'll happen in a week or less

Unread 03-24-2013, 11:06 PM   #70
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Took my baby to prom in the "short(er) wheelbase limo" last night. Wouldn't have gone in anything else!

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM   #71
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

This stupid thing has been the bane of my existence for the last day or so... But it's finally in!

Unread 03-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #72
jetjr91
1995 ZJ 

Looks outta place it's too clean haha
jetjr91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #73
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Its finally here!!!!!
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #74
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Got the sound system working! Just waiting for my stock speaker connectors (Metra 72-1002) to get here. April 4th is the predicted delivery date. The PO left the rear aftermarket speakers in, so between them and my sub, I finally have sound! Need some tweeters for cheap. Anyone have any?

On the sound system topic, I rolled up to church with the windows down blasting Highway to Hell this morning... I'm going to hell hahaha

Anyway, Happy Easter!
-Evan
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #75
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Need help with home-made quick disconnects! The endlink that I just, JUST installed broke SO! I was looking at some quick disconnect home-brew ideas. Anyone have a good link to a decent writeup? I saw one for an XJ that looked SWEET! But, it was for an XJ and he didn't include a very detailed explanation on what equipment he used... Either that or I just didn't read far enough into the article... I'll try to find it and post it here.

Should I be looking for 8.25" in length or 9"? Because I tried the 9" stock one and it didn't fit where the 8.25" one did but just broke...

Thanks in advance guys!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.