My project - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My project

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 06-08-2006, 07:40 PM   #61
StevesRedJeep
1997 ZJ 

Charlie, that looks awsome.

Red Jeep Club #287
StevesRedJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 07:47 PM   #62
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL ZJ
Charlie, that looks awsome.
Thanks! I'm so happy with it.
anticrombie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #63
gunthagunth
1997 ZJ 

why does everyones zj look bigger than mine in pics and im at 5.5"? Looks good
97 ZJ 5.9L 242/4.5" RE Coils/1.75" Spacers/Clayton arms/Addco's/RE brake lines/35x12.5 bfg muds/Currie steering/K&N/Claytons Front Drop tracbar/Dropped pitman/Bilstein 5125's/JKS BPE/JKS loop conversion/JKS Sliders/ZJilla rear bumper/Clayton front winch bumper/durango steering box/warn 9000i/Hambek Customs carbon fiber cowl hood #2of16/Hp30-8.8 4.56/ARB f+r
gunthagunth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #64
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunthagunth
why does everyones zj look bigger than mine in pics and im at 5.5"? Looks good

Maybe it's that you have adjustable control arms that lenthen your wheelbase making it look shorter.
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:14 PM   #65
Arkansas_WJ

NICE ZJ!!! I love the wheel/tire combo!!!!

2000 WJ Limited - 4.7l, 4x4, pioneer HU w/ ipod interface, upgraded front calipers, yakima lowrider system, uniden cb w/ 4 ft firestick, 3.5" tweeter upgrade
Arkansas_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #66
gunthagunth
1997 ZJ 

looks good tho
97 ZJ 5.9L 242/4.5" RE Coils/1.75" Spacers/Clayton arms/Addco's/RE brake lines/35x12.5 bfg muds/Currie steering/K&N/Claytons Front Drop tracbar/Dropped pitman/Bilstein 5125's/JKS BPE/JKS loop conversion/JKS Sliders/ZJilla rear bumper/Clayton front winch bumper/durango steering box/warn 9000i/Hambek Customs carbon fiber cowl hood #2of16/Hp30-8.8 4.56/ARB f+r
gunthagunth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 06:16 AM   #67
nekked_frogg_52

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticrombie

Now I have to replace the tie rod because it's seized....

Is it me or did anyone else notice the lack of the redneck pipe for the exhaust.... looks like he already got that taken care of to get some sliderz put up there.....

Looks D@MN Good Chalie

95 [COLOR="Red"]Red[/COLOR] ZJ
5.2 MSD 6AL, Custom CAI, Blacked out windows, waiting on lift kit, in process of doing spring swap to clear 31's. In dash DVD/Nav, 2 12" Sony Xplod's, Old school Rockford amp, Boston Coustic mids/highs[/B]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2329170[/url]
nekked_frogg_52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 06:34 AM   #68
Phil Gerard
Former Mod

1995 ZJ 

Looks great Charlie!
Did you replace your tie rod yet? Or are you just getting end links? MOOG!

If you are replacing the entire tir rod I'd suggest you get a heavy duty one because they are the weak point on the steering geometry when lifted. I'm sure you've seen the pics where the tires are pointed in like the feet on a shy schoolgirl!

Oh and I had trouble discoing my JKS Discos on the passenger side because of the tight anlge of the drag link and tie rod. It cleared up when I went taller and dropped the pitman arm.

Phil
TW DC DS; ARB Bull Bar, F&R Air Lockers; Superior Axles; Warn Winch; 4.56 gears; ACOS, Addco F&R Sw Bar, JKS Discos, Rr Track Bar & Nerfs, 249>242 Swap, Stillen rotors+Kolak pads, 3 pc. Armor, RE 4.5 Kit + 2.5"BB, Adj. UCAs&LCAs, OME SS, Bilstein 5150s, 15x8 AR Diamond Backs, 33 Truxus MTs, K&N FIPK, RE 62mm TB, Perf. Distr. 4.0L Kit, Exhaust: 2.5" Kolak exhaust FM 70: Optima Yellow, Mean Grn Alt., PIAA 520s, 540s, Kevins Rack, & TB Conversion
Phil Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:03 AM   #69
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Gerard
Looks great Charlie!
Did you replace your tie rod yet? Or are you just getting end links? MOOG!

If you are replacing the entire tir rod I'd suggest you get a heavy duty one because they are the weak point on the steering geometry when lifted. I'm sure you've seen the pics where the tires are pointed in like the feet on a shy schoolgirl!

Oh and I had trouble discoing my JKS Discos on the passenger side because of the tight anlge of the drag link and tie rod. It cleared up when I went taller and dropped the pitman arm.

Phil

I havn't yet....I have graduation mess today and tomorrow and parties sunday. Then I leave for the beach so I can't mess with it till thursday. Thursday I have to change the oil, bend the pinch seam up front, trim the front bumper, and change out the tie rod. Fun day for me!
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:04 AM   #70
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekked_frogg_52
Is it me or did anyone else notice the lack of the redneck pipe for the exhaust....

Huh?! You sayin I'm a redneck?? Hahaha, so what?!
Unread 06-09-2006, 08:18 AM   #71
drewman141
Gas Guzzler

1994 ZJ 

Charlie that is definately lookin sweet!!

Have you started anything on the 4x4 yet? That's gonna a be a kick a$$ ZJ when you're done.

MUST GO! 1994 Limited ZJ 5.2L V8 - Light Driftwood Satin Glow
It's a 94 5.2L Limited - trxus 33's on 15x7 steelies, 4.56s w/ front OX and rear trutrac, NP242 swap, novak shift kit, Kevin's ultimate 4.5" lift + ACOS, ARB front bumper w/warn M8000, rear tomkin machine bumper w/ tire carrier, kevin's hardore railz, kevin's ultimate tc skid, kevin's trackbar conversion, rusty's gas skid, flexalite efan, Kolak's performance ignition and brake upgrades. ViAir OBA, custom storage/sub box and I'm sure there's a bunch of other things I'm missing. Everything is a little over 3 years old with less than 10K miles. Looking to get around $4k.

drewman141 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:06 AM   #72
nekked_frogg_52

Quote:
Originally Posted by anticrombie
Huh?! You sayin I'm a redneck?? Hahaha, so what?!

thats what we call em here cuz all the rednecks just have to have them on there trucks....

like the age old question

what does a honda and a tampon have in common??

anybody know the answer??????????

95 [COLOR="Red"]Red[/COLOR] ZJ
5.2 MSD 6AL, Custom CAI, Blacked out windows, waiting on lift kit, in process of doing spring swap to clear 31's. In dash DVD/Nav, 2 12" Sony Xplod's, Old school Rockford amp, Boston Coustic mids/highs[/B]
[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2329170[/url]
nekked_frogg_52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #73
gregmondro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep
Heat...heat it out!
You WJ people are some effin pyros.
99 Jeep XJ - NP231, SYE, 4.56's, Rear D44 w/ Detroit SoftLocker and a RockCrusher Diff Cover, 35x12.5 BFG A/Ts, RE 5.5" XD Lift, Skidrow TC Skid, ORT Rear Bumper + Carrier, Rigidco Front Winch Bumper + Steering Box Plate, Milemarker 8000 Winch, Rock Sliders, HD Currie Steering, Control Arm Skids, Goferit Tie Rod Flip Insert, Optima Red Top and a few other goodies...
FiveZeroFive
XJ 8.25 Rear End Disc Brake Conversion For Sale!
gregmondro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #74
anticrombie
1996 ZJ 

Trimmed up the front bumper. Now I'm ordering the Big daddy off road tie rod sleeve and tie rod ends from napa.
Unread 06-16-2006, 07:33 PM   #75
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

That looks great Charlie.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.