My plans. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My plans.

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
sergio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 174
My plans.

Just got my tax refunds! Yay! So I have a 3.5 lift with adjustable front and rear track bars. I want to go to 4.5 of lift. My plans are adding a 1 inch spacer. Adjustable uppers and fixed lowers. Mostly looking for the weekend warrior kinda jeep and to basically replace all control arms with new ones. I'm planning on staying at this height for a while. I also want the iro otk steering. Everything will be bought from kolak. I have 31s for now. Idk if I should to do 1 inch or .75 for spacers. But not sure if fixed lowers would be good for .75. Not really any questions. Just want some approval and motivation haha. Only one questions will I need longer end links?

sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler
 
JohnnyZJ's Avatar
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary
Posts: 2,222
for 31s?
whats the point?

3.5 in my opinion looks stupid with 31s anyways.

swap spacers, goto 4.5 and toss on some 32s or 33s. prefer 33s. make it look badass not tall and tipsy
__________________
92 YJ ~ locked/33" swampers
05' WK Hemi limited ~ wifey mobile
13' Chevy Cruze ~ boo
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
sergio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ
for 31s? whats the point? 3.5 in my opinion looks stupid with 31s anyways. swap spacers, goto 4.5 and toss on some 32s or 33s. prefer 33s. make it look badass not tall and tipsy
Thing is I bought brand new 31's because I was planning on staying at 3.5 but now I'm stuck with them. I think I'm going with spacers. It's a little cheaper route.
sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
riot1987
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Posts: 3,571
I agree with it looking a bit tall for the tires but no reason to not do the lift. If you dont have adjustable links you may need new ones. Mine were hitting my coils at a point untill I adj. them out to compensate for more lift.
__________________
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/riots-97-grand-1436100/

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
sergio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987
I agree with it looking a bit tall for the tires but no reason to not do the lift. If you dont have adjustable links you may need new ones. Mine were hitting my coils at a point untill I adj. them out to compensate for more lift.
Okay cool so I'll be adding those to the list then. I posted the tires up on craiglist to see f anyone will buy them or trade me off me.
sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
rstantoniii
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio
Okay cool so I'll be adding those to the list then. I posted the tires up on craiglist to see f anyone will buy them or trade me off me.
Where are you at? I've been looking a decent set of 31s.
rstantoniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
1998_ZJltd
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: stockton, California
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
Okay cool so I'll be adding those to the list then. I posted the tires up on craiglist to see f anyone will buy them or trade me off me.
put your location under your name and I am sure you will get them out so you can go bigger .. 1 already asked so I will also ....

Where are you ???
1998_ZJltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
sergio
Registered User
1995 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998_ZJltd
put your location under your name and I am sure you will get them out so you can go bigger .. 1 already asked so I will also .... Where are you ???
I'm located in San Diego California.
sergio is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.