My plans. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My plans.

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-22-2014, 11:15 PM   #1
sergio
1995 ZJ 

My plans.

Just got my tax refunds! Yay! So I have a 3.5 lift with adjustable front and rear track bars. I want to go to 4.5 of lift. My plans are adding a 1 inch spacer. Adjustable uppers and fixed lowers. Mostly looking for the weekend warrior kinda jeep and to basically replace all control arms with new ones. I'm planning on staying at this height for a while. I also want the iro otk steering. Everything will be bought from kolak. I have 31s for now. Idk if I should to do 1 inch or .75 for spacers. But not sure if fixed lowers would be good for .75. Not really any questions. Just want some approval and motivation haha. Only one questions will I need longer end links?

sergio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:28 PM   #2
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

for 31s?
whats the point?

3.5 in my opinion looks stupid with 31s anyways.

swap spacers, goto 4.5 and toss on some 32s or 33s. prefer 33s. make it look badass not tall and tipsy
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #3
sergio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyZJ
for 31s? whats the point? 3.5 in my opinion looks stupid with 31s anyways. swap spacers, goto 4.5 and toss on some 32s or 33s. prefer 33s. make it look badass not tall and tipsy
Thing is I bought brand new 31's because I was planning on staying at 3.5 but now I'm stuck with them. I think I'm going with spacers. It's a little cheaper route.
Unread 02-23-2014, 08:45 AM   #4
riot1987
Professional Wise Guy

1997 ZJ 

I agree with it looking a bit tall for the tires but no reason to not do the lift. If you dont have adjustable links you may need new ones. Mine were hitting my coils at a point untill I adj. them out to compensate for more lift.

Build thread^^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 11:02 AM   #5
sergio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987
I agree with it looking a bit tall for the tires but no reason to not do the lift. If you dont have adjustable links you may need new ones. Mine were hitting my coils at a point untill I adj. them out to compensate for more lift.
Okay cool so I'll be adding those to the list then. I posted the tires up on craiglist to see f anyone will buy them or trade me off me.
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
rstantoniii
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio
Okay cool so I'll be adding those to the list then. I posted the tires up on craiglist to see f anyone will buy them or trade me off me.
Where are you at? I've been looking a decent set of 31s.
rstantoniii is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #7
1998_ZJltd
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergio View Post
put your location under your name and I am sure you will get them out so you can go bigger .. 1 already asked so I will also ....

Where are you ???
1998_ZJltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:02 PM   #8
sergio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998_ZJltd
put your location under your name and I am sure you will get them out so you can go bigger .. 1 already asked so I will also .... Where are you ???
I'm located in San Diego California.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.