Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

My Jeep pulls to the right and is aligned! What gives?

57K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  reneveah 
#1 ·
OK so I even noticed that my right front tire was showing a tad signs of outer wear when the left front shows NOTHING and these are new tires. Thinking HMM maybe the alignment went out again after I bought these tires so I took it back for its rotation and had them check it all out again for me. I was there with them and my jeep is DEAD ON, rotated the tires and even checked it for me again, DEAD ON. They check everything up front and all seemed fine, (joints and and all) As a drive it home,, a slight right hand pull is STILL there, I dont know whats causing it. Could my left rear shock be going bad and cause it to do this or what all should I check or have checked. These are new tires, well had them for 6 months, rotate them as stated above and I still have the same trouble and it was going on with the old tires as well. Im losted and getting a bit annoyed. I even blamed it on the roads but drove another one and it did not pull like mine. ITs not a hard pull. but MAN its enough to drive me INSANE! and as I see, wear my right front tire a bit:brickwall

#3 ·
i got a 2000 wj and it does the same thing
but mine was in an accident before i got it on the right front and the trackbar? i think is bent and makes it pull a bit and wear the right tire more

just my 2 cents man
good luck

#5 ·
dragging brake ,

un equal tire pressure, tweaked unibody are the three i can think of off the top of my head .

maybe whoever aligned it didn't get it all equaled out ? i had alot of problems with 4wd vehicles when i was doing alignments if i didnt really try to get it spot on .

#6 ·
Mine pulls to the right too. I'm more annoyed with the steering wheel not being centered while driving straight than the pull itself... mild OCD i guess.

I got it aligned a couple days ago and nothing changed. tires, shocks, etc. all check out, no accidents in the past to tweak anything. I've have noticed the brakes are a little soft, and when I hit the brakes it pulls harder to the right. Also, there is more dust on the right front wheel than on the rest.

Next on the list is new rotors, new pads, new fluid. We'll see if that helps.

#8 ·
Haha sounds like my heep steering wheel is straight but when driving u have to hold a little off center to make it go straight

Be prepared for warped rotors uneven pad wear and dragging calipers. <---- more than likely the cause. if so and u dont do the caliper upgrade from Kolak. Grease the slide pins with High heat Brake grease and flush ur brake fluid.

#9 ·
the roads pull to the right look at the road....i know ours around here look crowned from all the trucks creatign high and low spots...mine pulls to the right then to the left....while going down the road....these roads suck......but once i get on the highway where its flat im good to go....

#10 ·
My jeep was never in a wreck but, I will have the brakes checked, I has a squeeking sound on the right front untill puch the brake VERY little so it may be dragging brakes. i HOPE!! EVERYTHING you all said you have experienced, Mine does it, have to hold the wheel a bit to the left to keep it straight and OMG its annoying! but of course not worth getting rid of as people have told me,, im like HECK NO!!! Im a Jeep and Im 23years old!!!1(pc spoof)

#17 ·
I tried driving on the two lane BRAND NEW road that was just built and opened, the jeep pulled it self right back to the right lane..ITs not REAL REAL bad, just enough where I have to hold my wheel to the left a little but its annoying me. ALL aligned, brakes fine, tire pressure all the same TPMS shows AND I used and oldie tire thingmabob. Dont know if anything is bent but I have not hi anything hard nor take it off road so I dont think something would just bend. I hardly hit freakin pot holes..this is stumping me

#18 ·
mine was doing this but my tires were pretty bad and needed replacing...then they told me that i needed a new drag link because they couldnt get my steering wheel straight...finally got that taken care of....i think that they just don't know how to do an alignment on a jeep!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.