My First Jeep and Build Thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My First Jeep and Build Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-11-2012, 01:19 PM   #31
MikeyZJ
1995 ZJ 

I can get a set of american racing wheels for real cheap. Backspacing is 4.5 though. Will that work with my setup??

MikeyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #32
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyZJ View Post
I can get a set of american racing wheels for real cheap. Backspacing is 4.5 though. Will that work with my setup??
For a 3.5" lift 32x 11.50's is the largest you want to go with out cutting the fenders. With the 32's you will still have to do some trimming to the front bumper and hammer in the pinch welds inside the wheel well. 4" of B.S. would be better. The 11.50's will still probably rub the lower control arms a little when turning. Maybe you can find a skinnier 32. I had either 3.73 or 4" of B.S. with 4.5" and 33 x 12.50's they never rubbed on the control arms. I didn't have the stock bumper though.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM   #33
MikeyZJ
1995 ZJ 

i have 31x10.5x15 with no lift and factory wheels right now.
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #34
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
i have 31x10.5x15 with no lift and factory wheels right now.
That's as big as you can go stock without cutting and that would not work well at all off road with the swaybar disconnected. The tires would go right up into the fenders. A 2" BB would work good and give you room for articulation.
Unread 12-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #35
MikeyZJ
1995 ZJ 

Im not looking for flex ir anything. The most u ever do is drive in mud. I just don't want my tires rubbing if I change to a different set of wheels. Thanks for the info tho
Unread 12-11-2012, 04:36 PM   #36
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Im not looking for flex ir anything. The most u ever do is drive in mud. I just don't want my tires rubbing if I change to a different set of wheels. Thanks for the info tho
Well I believe that the stock rims are something like 5" of B.S.
Unread 01-28-2013, 10:14 PM   #37
MikeyZJ
1995 ZJ 

Haven't updated in a while. I bought new black headlights, corners, and bumper lights, all led interior bulbs, led license plate bulbs, and installed an alpine head unit. I'll have pics up soon. I'm going a little different with the gauge cluster leds. Gonna be doing Amber instead of the usual red or blue that everyone seems to do. Gonna start collecting parts for a f>r lift and new wheels real soon
Unread 02-03-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
MikeyZJ
1995 ZJ 

Here's a quick pic of the new lights. I'll get better ones once the snow melts and I can give her a good wash.

forumrunner_20130203_173906.jpg
Unread 02-03-2013, 08:18 PM   #39
martymars

Looking good. I like the color.
martymars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.