My First Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My First Jeep

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-29-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
bigbrad1120
1995 ZJ 

Well I will look right now!! but I have no idea where to go. maybe you could give me a push in the right direction. of what exactly. what works best. and what not.

bigbrad1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #17
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbrad1120 View Post
Well I will look right now!! but I have no idea where to go. maybe you could give me a push in the right direction. of what exactly. what works best. and what not.
You can get plugs at walmart and sometimes wires. For plugs get the duralight copper heared other ones caused people problems. are you leaking oil by any chance?
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:10 PM   #18
bigbrad1120
1995 ZJ 

I am actually and I did just change my spark plugs to the copper ones. But the leak isn't huge it looks minor but still I don't like it
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #19
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
I am actually and I did just change my spark plugs to the copper ones. But the leak isn't huge it looks minor but still I don't like it
Is there oil on the underside of the oil filter?
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #20
bigbrad1120
1995 ZJ 

The hard part is, someone stole my oil cap a few weeks ago and I hadn't noticed that day and decided to go balls deep. So everything has oil on it. but I do not think so.
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #21
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Wait you're 19 and you have a wife..?

Anyway, plenum gasket isn't as big an issue on the 4.0's... I don't think... But yes, tune up and then maybe ignition. If you're gonna chip it, do a performance tuner. Stay away from piggyback chips. They are cheap and a COMPLETE waste of $200. The 4.0 wasn't meant for speed, so don't treat it like it was. While it may be an indestructible engine, you can still throw a rod. Stroker kits are gonna get you an a** ton of torque, but they require a ton of technical know-how around the engine top-end and a pretty hefty budget. If you wanted power and speed... Shoulda had a V8! You'll come to realize that around here, the 1998 5.9 Limited is the *Monty Python voice here* Holy Grail of Grand Cherokee's. If you can find one for cheap, BUY IT!

-Evan
Unread 03-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #22
bigbrad1120
1995 ZJ 

Yep 19 with a wife haha. We've been together since middle school. But no I'm not looking for speed just power. And I wish I had one of those. My uncle is a mechanic and damn good. So I have the man power. But thank you! I don't want crap. But I'm so excited.
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #23
buttersjeep90
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTBlue View Post
Wait you're 19 and you have a wife..?

Anyway, plenum gasket isn't as big an issue on the 4.0's... I don't think... But yes, tune up and then maybe ignition. If you're gonna chip it, do a performance tuner. Stay away from piggyback chips. They are cheap and a COMPLETE waste of $200. The 4.0 wasn't meant for speed, so don't treat it like it was. While it may be an indestructible engine, you can still throw a rod. Stroker kits are gonna get you an a** ton of torque, but they require a ton of technical know-how around the engine top-end and a pretty hefty budget. If you wanted power and speed... Shoulda had a V8! You'll come to realize that around here, the 1998 5.9 Limited is the *Monty Python voice here* Holy Grail of Grand Cherokee's. If you can find one for cheap, BUY IT!

-Evan
I got a 97 4.0 and yes its not built for speed its nice to smoke the little Honda nerds in my area off the line and down the road. I'm not saying break the law but when you got a flowmaster exhaust they want to see what you got I show them. And congrats on your jeep. I love mine and noone in my family understands why. Lol
buttersjeep90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #24
bigbrad1120
1995 ZJ 

No one in mine understands either!! But man I can't drive anything else. I think I'm in love!! Lol there are a ton of honda kids here. One tried to race my buddy in his v8 and he's got money so he has all the trinkets. I just refered him to this site.

because before when I had problems I would browse these forums. And decided finally its time to join!
You guys are awesome!
Unread 03-31-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttersjeep90 View Post
I got a 97 4.0 and yes its not built for speed its nice to smoke the little Honda nerds in my area off the line and down the road. I'm not saying break the law but when you got a flowmaster exhaust they want to see what you got I show them. And congrats on your jeep. I love mine and noone in my family understands why. Lol
I definitely hear ya there. If you think the 4.0 is fast, the V8s are about a million times quicker. I used to have the 4.0 and I was still beating Subaru's and stuff like that. Now with my 5.9, I've beat everything from riced out Hondas to Cummins, Powerstrokes and Mustangs. The difference is HUGE.

Quote:
No one in mine understands either!! But man I can't drive anything else. I think I'm in love!! Lol there are a ton of honda kids here. One tried to race my buddy in his v8 and he's got money so he has all the trinkets. I just refered him to this site.

because before when I had problems I would browse these forums. And decided finally its time to join!
You guys are awesome!
It is definitely the "Jeep Thing" that brings us all together. If you type in a jeep-related problem or mod on google, one of the first results, if not THE first is from jeepforum.

The nice thing about ZJs is that it's almost a 20 year old vehicle. Chances are, if you can think up a mod, its been done. If you have a problem, someone has fixed it a million times over. Guaranteed. So use the search function before you ask a question, and if you don't have any luck with the search function, use google. Because if jeepforum doesn't have the results, thespeedfreaks.net, jeepslimited.com, jeepsUNlimited.com, NAGCA.com, or mallcrawlin.com WILL. And if nobody in any of those sites does, then your jeep is F***ed! Haha kidding Anyway, any problems, questions, etc. don't be afraid to ask. But use the search function first haha

-Evan
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:22 PM   #26
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

You wouldn't beat a Cummins on the strip lol
Unread 03-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #27
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Yea I did. Only reason was the kid wanted to look cool and roll coal. So I kicked his a** off the line and he couldn't come back from it. All my buddies were freaking out hahaha
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #28
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Mall crawlerrrrr
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #29
MTBlue
1998 ZJ 

Point being? Haha I don't care. It'll smoke just about anything at my school, partially because nobody knows how to drive around here. Ironically, some of the nest drivers around my school are a couple of smokin' hot chicks whose parents own the local drag strip. They both drive a 70s Chevelle and a 60-somethin Camaro, both of which are suped to hell. They beat the auto teacher (races a 70 Nova, 4 barrel with nos) every single year. Never fails hahaha he gets soooo pissed!!
Unread 04-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #30
bigbrad1120
1995 ZJ 

Well I am damn proud to be a jeep man! And all the problems I had I trolled these fourms and fixed everything. After I finish my 95 zj I want to get another,

Which reminds me have you guys seen the concept for the trailhawk 2?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.