post #46 of 53 Old 12-10-2009, 01:05 AM
JrMechanic
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
Snow hit and I Pulled this one out today.... hahahha

How do we know he didn't pull you out

Want to swap an NP242 or NP231 into your ZJ? Here's how:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 Old 12-10-2009, 01:14 AM
Greengc4x4
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrMechanic View Post
How do we know he didn't pull you out
Isnt it past your bedtime? lol
post #48 of 53 Old 09-05-2010, 05:09 PM
USAFRecon

So I know this thread is old but I would love some info on the wiring. I have a 93 ZJ Laredo 4.0 and wanna do a 5.9 swap. What is involved wiring wise, fuel pump, axles ect? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #49 of 53 Old 09-05-2010, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
redhatman

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFRecon View Post
So I know this thread is old but I would love some info on the wiring. I have a 93 ZJ Laredo 4.0 and wanna do a 5.9 swap. What is involved wiring wise, fuel pump, axles ect? Thanks!
Well your swap should be easier, since its a pre 96' model you will not have obd 2 wiring.. Less sensors.

You need basically 5.2 Jeep parts, and then just a 5.9 motor. I think the only real work involved besides a direct swap is ovaling out one of the flexplate holes.

-Pat

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
post #50 of 53 Old 09-08-2010, 03:15 PM
USAFRecon

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhatman View Post
Well your swap should be easier, since its a pre 96' model you will not have obd 2 wiring.. Less sensors.

You need basically 5.2 Jeep parts, and then just a 5.9 motor. I think the only real work involved besides a direct swap is ovaling out one of the flexplate holes.
Well it sounds pretty straight forward but what about the 2 extra sensors? Is the wiring harness the same for the most part? That's what I am most concerned about.

post #51 of 53 Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
redhatman

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFRecon View Post
Well it sounds pretty straight forward but what about the 2 extra sensors? Is the wiring harness the same for the most part? That's what I am most concerned about.
Yeah pretty similar... you might get confused when you go to plug in the injector harness though. If it looks like you have two extra connectors, just remember.... YOU HAVE A V8 NOW

-Pat

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
post #52 of 53 Old 09-09-2010, 01:27 PM
USAFRecon

Thanks man

post #53 of 53 Old 06-30-2014, 09:18 PM
cacheman

Just did this swap in 97 to 97 jeep turns over but fuel pump and gauges do not work
Looking for some advice. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.