My Bumpers Keep Falling Off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My Bumpers Keep Falling Off

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-Load

Unread 05-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #1
i6zombiejeep
1998 ZJ 

My Bumpers Keep Falling Off

So every time I go off road and into some brush or onto some rocks or into a snow bank, my bumpers will find a way to fall off, crack, or bend. They are being held on by way of zip ties now and I think it is time I invest in some metal.
What is the best cheap aftermarket bumper I can get for my Jeep? I don't have the greatest fabrication tools or skills and would like to be able to bolt something solid on.

i6zombiejeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #2
bcbueller
1998 ZJ 

i paid 820$ for mine, custom built how i wanted it . everywhere i looked i could find nothing similar that cost
$200-$700 more
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

That thing is massive and hangs down really low. It looks like it should be on a Ford F250 diesel.

Something that is more low profile and has a good approach angle would be better off road. Here are a couple custom builds.

This one is really nice.
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...tion-Five-nine

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=257971

Go into google pics and search for ZJ custom bumpers. There are plenty of ideas.
bumper.jpg

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:18 AM   #4
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

cheapest?...just remove the plastic fascia and run it

next cheapest...remove all the plastic 'bolts' and reattach it with real nuts and bolts. Then it will just crack
HighLonesome is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Take the bumper cover off like HL said and paint it black. Looks fine and plenty of clearance lol. Here's my old one.
32s.jpg

PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2014, 03:57 PM   #6
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

^ my zj looked like that for six months after hitting a bridge due to snow. Wish i had gone with a steel bumper instead of replacing everything to factory, lesson learned... for next time

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.