My blower motor won't work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My blower motor won't work

Light up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 11-24-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My blower motor won't work

I've been having an issue with my blower motor in my 97 Zj. The blower motor would work on and off since i bought it. Just randomly work if i left it on. I replaced the resistor with a dealer part no dice. I removed the blower motor and directly connected it to a battery and it would run. I re installed it and it still won't work. I took apart the knobs and cleaned up the connectors and it still won't work. I've checked the relays the grounds for the dash and now i'm looking for any more suggestions before i break down and take it to the shop.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #2
MudMenace
1987 FSJ Wagoneer 

I had the same problem while on a 14 hour road trip from nc to Michigan, worked on it in the parking lot for 3 hours. Replaced resistor, fuses, relays, jumped power to the the motor and it worked fine. Turned out to be a loose connection. There's a white harness above the interior light above the passenger kick panel pushed it tight and worked like a charm. I must have knocked it loose when I replaced the bulb in the light.

Last edited by MudMenace; 11-29-2009 at 06:17 PM..
MudMenace is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
jeepgc99lmtd
1955 CJ3A 

On the wjs there is a connection that melts. Thats what happened to me. Im not familiar with the ZJs so idk if it could be the same problem.
Unread 11-29-2009, 08:38 PM   #4
skunked_once
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
On the wjs there is a connection that melts. Thats what happened to me. Im not familiar with the ZJs so idk if it could be the same problem.
It does happen to ZJ's and it happened to my 97 also. Here is the link with a picture of the connector.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/6...sistor-872458/

Hope this works for ya!
skunked_once is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Thanks jeepgc99lmtd and skunked once you guys are awesome i've been trying to fix this problem for almost a year. Once i looked at the connector i could tell it was fried. I owe you guys big time. If your ever in vegas I'd be glad to take you out to dinner or drinks or whatever thanks a ton. I still have question as to what caused it to short out. If i just make fresh connectors for the wires what is to keep it from shorting out again.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2009, 10:35 PM   #6
jeepgc99lmtd
1955 CJ3A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Thanks jeepgc99lmtd and skunked once you guys are awesome i've been trying to fix this problem for almost a year. Once i looked at the connector i could tell it was fried. I owe you guys big time. If your ever in vegas I'd be glad to take you out to dinner or drinks or whatever thanks a ton. I still have question as to what caused it to short out. If i just make fresh connectors for the wires what is to keep it from shorting out again.

no problem dude. glad to help. It took me about a year to figure out mine to so I know the feeling. I decided I better hurry up and fix it since its starting to get cold again. now i apparently have blend door problems giving me a massive headache

on my wj I had to replace both the wiring and the resistor replaced because the resistor wasn't doing its job like it should have been so it was frying the connector and if I just put a new connector in I would have had them same problem all over again. the resistor had to be replaced with a newer one which did its job correctly. once again not familiar with the zjs but it sounds like the same problem so if I were you I would just replace everything. it would be better and save you money in the long run.

It pisses me off that chrysler wont do anything about this since it could potentially catch on fire. I hate dealing with them

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.