My 95 Zj Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My 95 Zj Build

GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor BellypanEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-20-2013, 12:01 AM   #1
RedTj01
2008 JK Wrangler 

My 95 Zj Build

Well here goes nothin!!

How's it goin everybody. Been a Jeep fan for a while now. Can't get enough of them(you'll see why). When I was in high school my parents bought me a 05 Jeep Liberty 4X4 Limited, it was a great starter Jeep. Never did anything crazy to it, just a 2" lift, bigger tires, lights on the roof, and a sound system. Loved it to death! Had that for about 4 1/2 years and decided to part with it.

Pictures of the Liberty (can't find any pictures of it when it was stock)

A couple years after I sold the liberty, I decided to get back into Jeeps again! In August 2010 I bought my first Wrangler. It was a 2001 TJ Sport. Only had a 2" spacer lift and 15X10 rims. Of course that didn't sit well with me, so I had to mess with it!

Back when I bought it Aug 2010

Before

After

Then I had the opportunity to upgrade to a Lj. So why not, sold the TJ and bought the LJ! The TJ was purchased from a guy in New York, so he had a truck pick it up.

Bye bye TJ

I also bought the LJ from out of state, Oklahoma. And had it shipped down as well. It already had a 6" Rough Country lift, 35" Pitbull Rockers, SYE, a old currie winch bumper, a old warn winch, and a bumper/tire carrier.

And of course it wast gonna stop there. I put 4.56 gears, lockers, diff covers, new bumper, new winch, the list goes on.

Then........ I decided to get a Jku. So I sold the LJ and bought a 08 Jku Rubicon.

Before

After

I loved the JKU like crazy! Couldn't of been happier! But unfortunately I had to let it go, it wasn't what I wanted to do, but I had to... My job wasn't working out too good, ended up doing what I had to do and sell it. Paid my wife's car off, bills, etc. Ended up only having the mortgage to pay which is sweet. But a couple months later things turned around at my work and starting making money again! If I could've just held on to that JKU for a couple more months.... Damn!

So I came across a older guy that had a 04 Lj that he wanted to trade me for my truck. Only had 44,000 miles on it and it was bone stock. Long story short. Traded the guy, fixed it up, a buddy of mine gave me a offer I couldn't refuse, sold it.

Before

After

And I'm at it all over again. Except I'm goin a different route. Picked up a 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4 with a 5.2 V8. Has a 176,000 miles on it. I paid $3,000 for it. The guy had just put a 4inch Rough Country Lift, 33X12.50 Tires, and Cragar wheels, doesn't have no leaks, new rebuilt tranny, brand new compressor, and a/c blows insanely cold. Only needs a few little things, which I will post as I replace things.

Well, here it is!

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/red-tj-build-1127470/[/url]
RedTj01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:55 AM   #2
txbass06
1998 ZJ 

That's a good looking set of Jeeps you've had. Just a little biased towards the last one though lol. How'd you like the rockers? Thinking that's gonna be my next set of tires but I've never seen anyone around here with them
txbass06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
RedTj01
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbass06
That's a good looking set of Jeeps you've had. Just a little biased towards the last one though lol. How'd you like the rockers? Thinking that's gonna be my next set of tires but I've never seen anyone around here with them
The rockers were awesome, they weren't that noisy on the road, and offroad the traction was great! Kinda expensive but definitely worth it. I'm not doing nothin big on this Jeep. It's gonna be a trail rig, just mainly freshen it up a bit, throw a rack on top, and lockers. I just installed some JKS Disconnects on the other day, new headlights, parking lights, turn signals, and painted the rear vents with bed liner.

Before

After

Rear Vents

Unread 08-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #4
RedTj01
2008 JK Wrangler 

Also replaced the cruise control cluster, found one for $5.00!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.