My 5.9 Got Rearended-should i buy it back from insurance? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My 5.9 Got Rearended-should i buy it back from insurance?

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 07-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #31
jeff5581
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkhelmet
I want the grille
Pm an offer. Parting it out soon

jeff5581 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:28 PM   #32
rooster51
1997 ZJ 

I only need the Hood, you can keep the vents & drip pans to sell. I already have them. I work @ Ft. EUSTIS, so you wont have to travel too far.
BTW... shoot me a price.
Unread 07-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #33
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Sorta ot,for those of you that want a 46 re,there is a place that sells replacement bellhousings,cant think of the name at the moment and im not sure if they make one for the jeep,but if they do,thats an option
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #34
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post
Sorta ot,for those of you that want a 46 re,there is a place that sells replacement bellhousings,cant think of the name at the moment and im not sure if they make one for the jeep,but if they do,thats an option
i thought the 46RE bell housing was part of the transmission case like the 46RH?
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #35
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnuccio View Post
i thought the 46RE bell housing was part of the transmission case like the 46RH?

It is . Case comes in 2 pieces , main and overdrive units . Bell housing is part of the main case .

Maybe the pics don't show the damages well but I'd be fixing that and driving it again
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #36
jeff5581
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfieZJ View Post
It is . Case comes in 2 pieces , main and overdrive units . Bell housing is part of the main case .

Maybe the pics don't show the damages well but I'd be fixing that and driving it again
I was actually still driving it up unitl last friday, i actually pulled the frame back so the rear doors open correctly now. I would have fixed it but has 232,000 on it, needed a bumper, a tailgate, the frame pulled, lower ball joints, transfercase on its way out (like all the 5.9 ones are) ect. made out ok with insurance so i was actaully able to find a good deal on another 5.9 with 120k and a super clean body/interior so im going to swap my brakes and stereo over and whatever else the new one needs and part out the old one. I hate to be the one to put her in her grave but i think ill do better parting it than selling it....
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #37
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

You cut the old bellhousing off and buy one from the company i cant think of and it bolts to the pump bolts
dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:50 PM   #38
ozzy_2_me
1994 ZJ 

hey could you pm me how much you want for the hood vents and grille? I really need to replace mine. but and the same time I don't have a lot of $$ to play with.
ozzy_2_me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:49 AM   #39
jeff5581
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy_2_me View Post
hey could you pm me how much you want for the hood vents and grille? I really need to replace mine. but and the same time I don't have a lot of $$ to play with.
Id take 150 for vents-complete with under trays & hardware (gonna give 1 other guy 1 more day to get back to me on the hood/vents), and $200 for grill. would do both for $325 shipped in lower 48. pics link below. Some paint lifted/chipped on vents but no cracks of any kind. Grill good shape. Has a very small chip that you can only see with hood open. (http://www.capandhitch.com/1998grand...s/IMG_0324.JPG) The half moon shape is supposed to be there. the chip (at 8 o'clock in the pic)is very small, and that is a scratch, not a crack next to it. Can take more pics if you want.

Thanks!

http://www.capandhitch.com/1998grand...parts/5.9.html
Unread 07-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #40
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

If anyone needs a 5.9 grille I have one also pm me an offer.
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.