My 5.2 Build Thread - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My 5.2 Build Thread

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #106
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95GCL View Post
Not what I wanted to hear D: since I'm only putting 30s on with a 1.75" spacer, not 2". So 31s would be like 40 more and rub
Maybe someone else will chime in or search the web for results? I don't have experiance with that exact tire but the tread looks similar

Unread 11-04-2013, 05:29 PM   #107
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
That's awesome! When I make my jeep a trail only rig I think ill put 4.5" on it.
Best thing to do is to build around your tire size. Pick what tires your ultimately going to run and build your axles/lift/etc. around it. It will save you time and money.

^build thread^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #108
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Got a car wash and did an oil change today. Found a can of under-body protector and sprayed it on the inside bottom edges of all four doors and the lift gate. Had some rust there, even though the spray won't help much it was free as far as I'm concerned. She's pretty much all ready for winter.

Going to look into swapping in a 242 or 231 then putting a locker in my front axle...work to be done next summer. Currently going to buy some 100W KC fog lights to replace the factory ones. Later down the road I'll throw on matching driving lights and mount all four on the bumper.
Unread 11-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #109
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Finally got a deal lined up to buy a used hitch! Only a year old! And he's throwin in the wiring! Still wish my jeep was under the recall...college students can use freebies >.<

I liked the spray job I did on the doors and found another can of that rubber protector stuff. Can I apply this to the underbody? (Obviously not around bolts n stuff)
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #110
riot1987
1997 ZJ 

Location: In your attic, with the squirrels and wrapping paper
I sprayed mine down with underbody rubber ****. Itll help quiet and protect. Spray it on everything but any lines and you tcase/trans. Bolts will be fine, youll be able to get a socket back on em in the future when needed.

^build thread^
riot1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #111
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
I sprayed mine down with underbody rubber ****. Itll help quiet and protect. Spray it on everything but any lines and you tcase/trans. Bolts will be fine, youll be able to get a socket back on em in the future when needed.
Oh, sweet! Just thought since it's free and its road salt season soon so the protection wouldn't hurt.
Unread 12-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #112
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Haven't been on this thread in awhile! Had to replace my water pump at the beginning of the month. Also one of my cheapo front shocks blew out, bought replacement Doetsch front shocks and going to throw some hockey pucks on for extended bump stops.

Holidays came and I sold some things online so I had some green to spend. New KOR rad support, IRO 2" extended front sway links, and some Mossy Oak Break up Infinity car sticker sheets to cover up all that fake wood on the interior! Will post pics when everything is on.

Also, the plasti-dip on the wheels is holding up GREAT to the salty Wisconsin roads!
Unread 01-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #113
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Weather conditions are making it impossible to install all my holiday goodies. Decided to not buy the Mossy oak sticker sheets, just going to paint the fake wood black. Its cheaper and will look better! Also my friggen tail pipe hanger busted off and took a chunk of the pipe with it. Not sure if it was stock or not, but the whole thing is pretty horrible. Since the weather isn't good and I can't occupy the garage long enough to fiddle with rust bolts, gotta have a shop do it! Good thing the pipe is clamped and not welded to the muffler! Saves me money since the last owner already replaced the cat and muffler before I bought it, I guess they figured sticking an old tail pipe back on was a good idea -.-
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #114
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Its a blizzard here in wisconsin! Just the perfect day for my rear wiper motor burn out. I threw a new one in there, but couldn't see crap out my back window when I was driving!!! Now my wiper zips pretty fast! Lastly found out my plenum gasket isn't shot, but that means I have another leak.

Can't wait til spring! Itching to do more mods!
Unread 03-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #115
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Good news for me, found my oil leak. It was right in front of me the whole time! Literally! Center-line down from the water pump, looks like its the oil pan gasket I replaced This sucks. At least its not major! I also got my exhaust re-done. High flow cat and Dynomax Super Turbo muffler and a more open tail pipe. Gives the 5.2L a nice tone but doesn't over kill it. Its not as loud as I was expecting but I am actually pleased with the outcome. It will get somewhat louder when I bedline the floors anyway. Everything is tucked up more and beautifully welded together! Won't have to worry about exhaust problems for a few years now!
Unread 04-14-2014, 05:27 PM   #116
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Added my KOR support, installed my DT8000s and IRO extended sway links, got a steal on a brand new mono amp. Yesterday I fixed my crankshaft seal leak, and busted something by the flywheel/tranny
Unread 04-15-2014, 08:20 AM   #117
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Added my KOR support, installed my DT8000s and IRO extended sway links, got a steal on a brand new mono amp. Yesterday I fixed my crankshaft seal leak, and busted something by the flywheel/tranny
Gotta love that kor support, used mine more times than I could count

sent from, uh

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.