My 5.2 Build Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My 5.2 Build Thread

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 06-08-2013, 04:51 PM   #46
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the suspension contrast! And the door pin thing is on my list as well lol

95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
moparlover1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:21 AM   #47
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
Nice! I'm looking forward to seeing the suspension contrast! And the door pin thing is on my list as well lol
Yeah my dad had to buy a corded dremel with a metal grinder to get the factory pins out because his little rechargeable thing wasn't enough as always. We pretty much ground the head of each pin down to nothing then used a punch to hammer them out. Make sure you use a lot of grease when re-installing!
ZJNewbi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #48
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Alright I will lol. I was going to tell you too with replacing all those control arms if your jeep is like mine (living in a rusty state) more than likely lots of those bolts are rusted to the sleeve of the bushings. A lot of mine were really tough to get out. So upon reassembling I used anti seize on all the bolts in generous amounts. Then blue lock tited all the nuts. Saves having the problem again. I just thought of that after struggling with the last tough bolts yesterday lol
95 zj 5.2 np242 3.5'' IRO lift, IRO adjustable arms, KOR front trackbar, steering stabilizer and box brace, IRO rear adjustable trackbar, bilsteins, Hughes plenum plate, flow master 40, 31x10.5s on 15'' dc-2 rims
Mopar or no car!
Unread 06-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #49
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Sweet thanks for the tip! Yeah I'm not looking forward to all those rusty bolts! Thankfully my dad has an impact gun with mm sockets. Thinking about it that might break the bolts :/
Unread 06-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #50
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

I used an impact on some after Pb blasting a few days in advance. I'd use a breaker bar first and only try the impact if it doesn't loosen it. The impact shouldn't break it, but I figure the vibrating can break up some rust and junk. The couple that needed the impact broke off anyway and I had to get new ones. Lol
Mopar or no car!
Unread 07-13-2013, 11:36 PM   #51
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Haven't updated in some time, been busy with work and such. Lift is going on in August when my parents are gone for vacation and I have use of the garage and my moms car. I also developed an exhaust leak I think? Don't smell anything in the cab and the engine is running fine so it's not on top of my list. However I did black out that stupid amber reflector! Before and after pic's under. It's pretty dark. Hated it. Might darken the Amber on the rear blinkers too a little but I'm not sure yet.

By the way, does anyone know what the light right next to the head light is for? Mine never worked, and there were amber bulbs in there. Might replace them with LEDs.

After the lift, the next money going into her is any of the following: head light upgrades+exterior LED bulb replacements, new fog/driving lights, front tow points, or if I win the lottery rock sliders. I don't care what others think about this but I'm glad I'm getting a free hitch installed. I'm going through college so it saves me $ to have something useful put on.

Next update on this thread will be the lift finished!
9-1.jpg

4.jpg

Unread 07-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #52
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Go for it and get that free hitch man! I'd do it but mine came with one.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #53
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

I am! I just won't know when I have to go in because I won't receive the letter. I'm the third owner and I don't know how to "update my information with Chrysler." I'll just keep calling once a month until they say I can come in.
Unread 07-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #54
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
I am! I just won't know when I have to go in because I won't receive the letter. I'm the third owner and I don't know how to "update my information with Chrysler." I'll just keep calling once a month until they say I can come in.
You could just go to moparownerconnect.com and register yourself and your Jeep...
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #55
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepNicholson View Post
You could just go to moparownerconnect.com and register yourself and your Jeep...
Hey thanks a lot! I thought it would be a lot of paper work!
Unread 08-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #56
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

She's lifted! 2" BB! Also plasti-dipped the rims! Looks awesome! Ran into trouble with the rear spring retaining post extensions so I left them off, hopefully I'll be ok with out them. I was going to use exhaust pipe to extend it but had sizing issues. Anyone know if I can buy IRO's extensions and put them on WITHOUT removing the spring?
lifted.jpg

Unread 08-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

Looks good man! You get control arms and stuff done too? I did the IRO rear extensions but had the springs out for it. You could maybe compress them and get the parts inside it and get a ratchet in between the coils, but if u jack up the rear and let the axle droop, those rear springs come out easy. Way easier than the front ones at least. It will be way easier with them out tho
Mopar or no car!
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparlover1992 View Post
Looks good man! You get control arms and stuff done too? I did the IRO rear extensions but had the springs out for it. You could maybe compress them and get the parts inside it and get a ratchet in between the coils, but if u jack up the rear and let the axle droop, those rear springs come out easy. Way easier than the front ones at least. It will be way easier with them out tho
Thanks man! I didn't get all arms in. We were running on limited time. I changed out the bad ones for now. I had problems with my springs. Rented a spring compressor from NAPA to get all mine out and in. It was a lot easier. I might just give IRO a call and see what they have to say about installing extensions without removing the springs.
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:44 PM   #59
moparlover1992
1995 ZJ 

That's a good idea. They were very helpful with questions I had about my lift.
Mopar or no car!
Unread 08-08-2013, 11:22 PM   #60
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Guess what this is? A freaking leaking front left shock! I wiped the fluid off but you can see scratches on the tube and it makes a squish noise when I hit a decent bump. Just what I needed...does anyone know where to get a SINGLE rubicon express twin tube replacement shock? It looks like they only sell the kit on their site.
imag0658.jpg

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.