My 5.2 build, the free Jeep. - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My 5.2 build, the free Jeep.

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-08-2013, 12:27 AM   #61
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Finally back on the street. No more vibes on the highway which is great.

It's funny, I went in to the rear axle to replace the seal, ended up replacing wheel bearings and pinion bearings. Now that everything's back together, the seal still leaks. :

I'm thinking about upgrading, I imagine it'd be way easier to replace parts on an axle that's not under the Jeep, plus I can take my time fixing the axle and still drive the Jeep till it's done. Probably will just do a d44 from a newer zj over the summer. LSD anyone? (not that lsd)

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:01 AM   #62
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

I really dig the d44a in my V8's, but the LSD is supposed to be **** on bigger tires. I'd look for an open and lunch it.

Open and LSD I can follow built TJ's with my little 2.5" OME and 31's all day long.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:54 AM   #63
SeanAustin3
1993 ZJ 

I know this may be a stupid, rookie sort of question, but I am new to automotive all together and didn't have a dad around to teach me vehicles, so do you mind telling me how you painted the badges? My body is red and I want my badges black, also, I'm getting black headlights and tail lights, and want to copy what you did to your flood lights and black them out, could you also tell me how you did that?
SeanAustin3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #64
DrGrand
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAustin3 View Post
I know this may be a stupid, rookie sort of question, but I am new to automotive all together and didn't have a dad around to teach me vehicles, so do you mind telling me how you painted the badges? My body is red and I want my badges black, also, I'm getting black headlights and tail lights, and want to copy what you did to your flood lights and black them out, could you also tell me how you did that?
Sorry Andrew paint is my forte haha. You have to tape the emblems off before you can paint them. Autozone sells everything you need. PM me your number and I will send you pictures of the process and tell you step by step how to
Unread 04-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #65
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
I really dig the d44a in my V8's, but the LSD is supposed to be **** on bigger tires. I'd look for an open and lunch it.

Open and LSD I can follow built TJ's with my little 2.5" OME and 31's all day long.
You kno, now that you mention it I've heard that too, though I've also heard street driving a locked rear end isn't advised either. Maybe I'll just run a regular 44...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanAustin3 View Post
As far as the emblems, if I were you I'd plastidip them .

As far as the lights, you can use plastip smoke, or buy a vinyl tint off of ebay. The vinyl is hard to do without getting bubbles thought just fyi. I went with vinyl and it worked out OK, I've just been too lazy to go back and do them any better.

Unread 04-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #66
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Yeh locked on the street can suck, something is up with the lsd out back in my niner and when it locks up in a turn it gets really weird.

I've never had a problem with the lsd in the green one though, and it helps with offroad, that and having a v8

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #67
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov View Post
Yeh locked on the street can suck, something is up with the lsd out back in my niner and when it locks up in a turn it gets really weird.

I've never had a problem with the lsd in the green one though, and it helps with offroad, that and having a v8
Who knows I may do it anyways. We'll see.

If i can lock my rear then get me some more lift and 33"s. I'll be unstoppable hahah (or not, but still better then open/open on 31"s.)

And yes, the v8's are fantastic!

Sorta on topic, my buddy's lowered integra got wrecked, he's getting around 5k insurance and is thinking about buying a cheap zj and building it up! I've convinced him zj's are best, now we just need to find him a good one before he changes his mind.

Unread 04-08-2013, 10:00 PM   #68
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

As much as I love my zj, I can't wait to start tearing into the teggy we bought so my girlfriend could learn stick before her BRZ comes in.

33's locked would be great, d44a will run that all day.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #69
Kevs318GC
1997 ZJ 

i really like the build so far! im still learning things as i go along so i wanna ask a question: didnt a factory v8 ZJ come with a D44a? I'm just curious on the matter because i have a 5.2L and i'm pretty convinced that i have the 44 not the 35 but then again i could be wrong.
Kevs318GC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #70
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

A '96-'98 V8 has the 44a rear whereas the '93-'95 has the D35
GCjunkie93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #71
Kevs318GC
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCjunkie93 View Post
A '96-'98 V8 has the 44a rear whereas the '93-'95 has the D35
oh okay, that makes more sense
Kevs318GC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 03:48 PM   #72
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

My Buddy got a Jeep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevs318GC View Post
i really like the build so far! im still learning things as i go along so i wanna ask a question: didnt a factory v8 ZJ come with a D44a? I'm just curious on the matter because i have a 5.2L and i'm pretty convinced that i have the 44 not the 35 but then again i could be wrong.
Thanks man! And yeah as to your question GCjunkie93 answered ya already.

So if any of you happened to have read the rest of this thread you may have seen the picture with the nose of an Integra in it. Well if you did then this story will make sense. My buddy, who owned the Integra, got rear ended, totalling his teg. He got 6 grand for it and decided to buy a Jeep!

He got a 98 zj with the 5.2, he's planning to build it very similarly to mine. Anyways just thought I'd mention his Jeep.

Couple pics of our Jeeps.

Unread 04-16-2013, 03:55 PM   #73
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Nice! Tell him to get his *** in here and start a thread.
BTW you need to wash your rig
GCjunkie93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #74
kg6mov
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Shoulda had a niner.

Dueling jeeps, I like it. First one to 37's wins.

"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:56 PM   #75
GCjunkie93
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg6mov
Shoulda had a niner.

Dueling jeeps, I like it. First one to 37's wins.
X2. Haha no cheating either. Tons, long arms. The works. Ill by the winner a membership lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.