My 5.2 build, the free Jeep. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > My 5.2 build, the free Jeep.

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #16
bmdub88
1994 ZJ 

@Myusername1674 I'm in chattanooga to and just got my jeep a few months ago. Where do you take yours wheeling?

bmdub88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2012, 03:11 AM   #17
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdub88 View Post
@Myusername1674 I'm in chattanooga to and just got my jeep a few months ago. Where do you take yours wheeling?
Cool to hear! I've gone to Prentice Cooper state park a few times, it's got some pretty decent trails. The park ranger isn't the nicest guy and he's not exactly a big fan of me (had a confrontation last time i went .

If you want to go wheelin' sometime just pm me, I usually go with my buddy and his f150.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2012, 12:39 AM   #18
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Well nothing major done right now, I did remove the rear sway bar to get as much flex as possible out of this thing, I'll probably end up putting it back on in the future for safety, but may just leave it off. I'll research some.

Here's pics of almost full flex on a stump in my backyard, I tried to drive up it with the rear sway bar on and the rear tire kept coming off the ground making me slip. With the bar off I went right up it

Drove my buddies lowered Integra under it a little for his Instagram.

Anyways, I'm planning to do a few things to the Jeep finally. Going to make a trailer hitch tire carrier, wire in extra reverse lights as the stock lights aren't that great. Also planning to lift the Jeep to 4+/- inches in the spring after tax returns.

Unread 12-12-2012, 06:31 PM   #19
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Painted the front diff cover and kor d-rings.

Next time remind me to never ever use rtv again and just buy a gasket, cause I'm way to messy to use rtv, I got it eeeverywhere!

Unread 12-12-2012, 08:55 PM   #20
matt87951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
When I got it the Jeep had around 235k on it I believe. It's the 5.2l V8, Limited.
Nice looking ride! Definitely a nice first ride!

Was the motor or transmission ever rebuilt before you got it with the 235k miles? I am looking to buy a 1995 essentially exactly the same (Only a different color), with 250k miles. Hoping there is a possibility these things can really last 250k-300k on stock motor transmission without rebuild. How many miles are on it now?

-Matt
matt87951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 09:35 PM   #21
PeriwinkleZJ
1993 ZJ 

Seems kind of ricey, especially those ugly headlights. It's a decent rig, just see a lot of 'wish I had a jdm' type stuff.

Sent from your moms house, using JeepForum
-1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 5.2, Mopar CAI, Borla headers, Borla Y-pipe, Turn down exhaust, 4" RC SA, 33x12.50r15 BfGoodrich Km2, Crown extended brake lines, IRO Double Shear Track bar, IRO HD tie rod, Home made Quick discos, E-fan, Heavy duty harness/9007 bulb conversion, HP30 WJ knuckles lockrite solid cover.

BUILD THREAD:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-jeep-1133312/
PeriwinkleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #22
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt87951 View Post
Nice looking ride! Definitely a nice first ride!

Was the motor or transmission ever rebuilt before you got it with the 235k miles? I am looking to buy a 1995 essentially exactly the same (Only a different color), with 250k miles. Hoping there is a possibility these things can really last 250k-300k on stock motor transmission without rebuild. How many miles are on it now?

-Matt
Thanks man! Nothing has been rebuilt at this point, but I have every single document on the vehicle and it was very well maintained. Right now it has turned over 241k and is still doing fine(I always drive city and don't have to drive far between work and school I've only put around 8k since I've had it)! I need to do a few maintenance repairs but for the most part it's doing great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeriwinkleZJ View Post
Seems kind of ricey, especially those ugly headlights. It's a decent rig, just see a lot of 'wish I had a jdm' type stuff.

I can understand that, when I first got it a year ago I did typical tacky things that you see kids do to their honda ricers. I realize it now for sure. I've tried to tone it down some, but without spending money to fix what I've done, and this is the result. Now all my money goes to important things, well mostly.

Unread 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #23
PeriwinkleZJ
1993 ZJ 

Well it's coming along nicely otherwise. Keep up the good work pal.

-1993 Grand Cherokee Laredo V8 5.2, Mopar CAI, Borla headers, Borla Y-pipe, Turn down exhaust, 4" RC SA, 33x12.50r15 BfGoodrich Km2, Crown extended brake lines, IRO Double Shear Track bar, IRO HD tie rod, Home made Quick discos, E-fan, Heavy duty harness/9007 bulb conversion, HP30 WJ knuckles lockrite solid cover.

BUILD THREAD:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/...-jeep-1133312/
PeriwinkleZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2012, 01:46 PM   #24
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

I got a new air filter to replace the one in the cowl that I had beat to fit. Old;
Cowl Snorkel
forumrunner_20121225_154123.jpg

And I found an old heat shield off of a cat, so I bolted that into the bottom of the cowl to hopefully keep it shielded from rain flowing under it.

forumrunner_20121225_154254.jpg

forumrunner_20121225_154416.jpg

Best thing about this filter, is that it actually fits!

Also I ordered a high flow cat, so I should have that in a week or so.

Anyways, Merry Christmas!

Unread 12-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #25
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

You do realize that when it rains, it's going to completely saturate that filter with water. Do you have plans to build a drip guard around the filter?
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-2012, 02:24 PM   #26
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich93ZJ View Post
You do realize that when it rains, it's going to completely saturate that filter with water. Do you have plans to build a drip guard around the filter?
You'd be surprised, it actually doesn't. I've been driving with this setup for the past month and the filter doesn't get wet. I've even taken a water hose and sprayed the windshield and hood down and it's been fine. Here's where i got the idea

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/a...ntake-1314677/

Unread 12-29-2012, 12:19 AM   #27
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Okay, well a few things, first off, I think I'm going to try and organize this build a little, sort of like what Iser has done with his build, so gonna start doing that.

Anyways my new converter came in already!

I'm going to try and install early next week. I also found the pinion seal on my d35 is busted, so bought a new one and plan to do that next week as well. Also my power windows aren't working, so I'm going to need to replace the switch with a junkyard one, as I refuse to cough up $100 for a new one.

Unread 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #28
vman88888
1994 ZJ 

nice badges mine are really faded was thinking of black cause the jeeps white
vman88888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #29
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

New Cat

Well I got the new cat put in, clamped it up, sadly however, the clamps wont fit over the glasspack, so for now I'm running only a cat and a down pipe, sounds good, but I doubt I'll pass the TN smog test this way. Here's how she sounds:

Nighttime mudding

A week ago a buddy and I decided we were going to go do a little evening mudding. Well as we were about to head out of the trail, I decided I was going to do one more pit....

I made it through just fine, then my buddy tried it, and got himself stuck. No problem right? Just hook him up and tow him out. Well it was dark, and I didn't pay attention to how soft the ground was where I pulled him from. Long story short, I made a rut and got myself stuck as well, so my friend and I chilled and played tic tac toe on my windows until another friend could get his Jeep out there to pull us out!

My friend and I (I'm on the left) (This guy was riding along, the guy in the other truck isn't in this pic)

My Jeep looking all sad

Well anyways as I got around to cleaning it, I realize that angle of the pull had bent my rad support

Talked to Kevin, he said that it wouldn't be safe to try and repair it. I'd thought about hammering it back straight and then welding a plate to each side for extra strength (both tabs are bent, but the drivers side is worse). Problem is, I can't weld. So most likely I'll just have to buy a new one which means I'm out another $150 .

OH well could have broken something more expensive.

At this point I won't be able to get a new lift for a little while yet, as I've had to spend a lot of money on school this semester and now with this I'm a little short on finances, so maybe by this summer. We'll see.

Unread 01-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #30
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vman88888 View Post
nice badges mine are really faded was thinking of black cause the jeeps white
Go for it man! White trucks with black look sexy! Their a pain to tape around, but it's well worth it. You could use plasti-dip, that way if you want to go back to gold later you can.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.