musty smell from air vent - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > musty smell from air vent

JKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-27-2004, 08:28 PM   #1
Orr233

musty smell from air vent

Hi everyone. I've got a strange one for you. I have a 94 GC 4.0l engine. When I turn on my air vents I get this musty smell blown out. I tried to clean it out. Any idea's. What is the path that the air flows when the vent is turned on?HELP!

Orr233 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:40 AM   #2
CaptainK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr233
Hi everyone. I've got a strange one for you. I have a 94 GC 4.0l engine. When I turn on my air vents I get this musty smell blown out. I tried to clean it out. Any idea's. What is the path that the air flows when the vent is turned on?HELP!
I have the same thing in my 97. I don't know if you'd call it musty, but it really stinks. There isn't any odor until you open the air vents. I have considered trying to vaccum the thing out but it would help if I could just identify that smell. I have used all kinds of air fresheners but nothing works for very long. If you figure it out, let me know.
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2004, 09:59 AM   #3
97grand

Lysol

the smell is from leaves, dirt, and debris that has fallen into the air vents at the base of the windsheild. If you can open it up and clean it out, that's great. If not, Spray a generous amount of your favorite scent of Lysol with the vents open and the fan on.

[COLOR=darkgreen]'91 Taurus SHO+ - Deep Jewel Green [/COLOR]

[COLOR=red] '05 Grand Caravan SXT Inferno Red[/COLOR]

'69 Dodge Charger - Black primer[/I]
97grand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2004, 10:13 AM   #4
greasefingers
1994 ZJ 

I got this link from Colorado 5.9. Go to it and search for TSB titled A/C Evaporator-Emits Odors. This may be your problem?

http://home.sc.rr.com/janet/

94 Black Laredo 4-Liter with QuadraTrac (42RE trans & NP249 TC) 200,000 + miles purchased new

88 Cherokee 2-door with 5speed manual 139K miles(deceased) purchased new
greasefingers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.