Muffler Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Muffler Question

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-12-2009, 02:40 PM   #1
WJ-matt
2004 WJ 

Muffler Question

hey my buddy gave me a magnaflow muffler today for my 04 grand cherokee has a 6.0L and i was wondering if i was to cut the exsaust from the cat back and ran 2 in a half piping all the way down to the muffler and 2 in a half after that to the tail pipe would i gain more power and sound better or will i fail emitions beacuse the pre muffler isnt thier anymore cus it looks like thier a small muffler before the large muffler (aka pre muffler?) dose this matter or what is that for anyway?

WJ-matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
wickerham
1993 ZJ 

what?
wickerham is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
cmonson

I would like to try and help you, but your way of communicating your question is really hard to understand.
cmonson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
taythegibs
2001 XJ Cherokee 

so what you are saying is that-
1. you want to replace your muffler
2. your friend gave you a muffler that you want to put on
3. you want to do a cat back system with 2.5 inch pipe from cat to muffler and from the muffler to the end
4. you have what you call a pre-muffler that you are wondering if you can get rid of
5.you are wondering if it is legal, if you should do it, if it will add power, if it will cause you to fail emissions

right??
taythegibs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2009, 06:24 AM   #5
WJ-matt
2004 WJ 

yes thats absolutly correct i apoligize for that i was in a rush ill will
make sure to explain things better. but yes u are correct
WJ-matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.