MPG ideas for 4.0l - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > MPG ideas for 4.0l

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
98LIZJ
1998 ZJ 

MPG ideas for 4.0l

I'd like to ask how to get more power out of my truck but I know that's just a silly question with the 4.0. So I would at least like to try to get better fuel economy, any ideas that won't hurt the wallet too much??
Thanks in advance for any input.

98LIZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #2
NewtoZJ
1998 ZJ 

http://jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/
NewtoZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #3
mig1289
1998 ZJ 

Accelerate and brake smooth instead of driving it like you stole it. Keep your speed around 65-70mph on the highway, in stock form I've seen up to 23 mpg. These are free and don't break your wallet haha

Edit: you can get different injectors, swap to a 99+ intake and get 2.5 exhaust, hi flow cat, new plugs wires ignition, etc

Pm kolak
Unread 04-25-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Anything you do (beside driving style) to improve mileage will cost more than you can save from the improved mileage. If fuel efficiency is important then you are driving the wrong vehicle.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I actually find my zj to get great mpg's considering it has almost 500000 kms. I can make a tank of gas last more than two weeks. I got no actual data to give out however im comfortable on saying im getting 15 to 16 mpg's. however that is a ballpark guess. have you gave your jeep a full tune up changed all the fluids? What is the tire pressure in your tires? having crappy tires will also affect what mpg's you are getting. and yes as mentioned above the harder you push the gas the more gas you will use. also try to maintain a consistent speed whenever you can.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.