motor new for 2005 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > motor new for 2005

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 11-26-2003, 03:17 PM   #1
wyatterp22

motor new for 2005

Hi all I was just looking up the hemi to see when it was going and if it was going to be put in to gc here is the link for anyone intersted.http://www.thehemi.com/news.php?id=20031119-1

wyatterp22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2003, 07:44 PM   #2
oH2o

HEMI info posted in summer 2002

The HEMI was accurately predicted/confirmed to go in the new Grand Cherokee well over a year ago, on another message board and also on a Jeep enthusiast web site.
oH2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2003, 09:02 PM   #3
iroc22

Also rumour is the 2005 Grand Cherokee will be built on the ML320/ML500 platform. That means front and rear independent suspension.
iroc22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-26-2003, 09:22 PM   #4
wyatterp22

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc22
Also rumour is the 2005 Grand Cherokee will be built on the ML320/ML500 platform. That means front and rear independent suspension.
That would be cool. I just want to put the new hemi in my 95. I drove the new ones and they are not made as sturdy as the older ones.
Unread 11-26-2003, 11:09 PM   #5
oH2o

Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc22
Independent FRONT suspension ONLY, the rear is a SRA...
oH2o is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2003, 02:26 AM   #6
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Bah. First the Liberty with its FRS, now they're ruining the Grand? Daimler was the worst thing to happen to Chrysler.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2003, 03:23 AM   #7
FutureZJOwner

So this means they're gonna F up the Grand too? Looks, peformance, JEEPNESS, and off roading capability? DAMN DIAMLER

It's not a car, a truck, or an SUV. It's a Jeep. There's only one.
FutureZJOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2003, 12:18 PM   #8
iroc22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oH2o
Independent FRONT suspension ONLY, the rear is a SRA...
Well there was a couple prototypes built with SRA's and a few with IRS. It's built on the ML platform, so I wouldn't be surprised if the the Grand wasnt much more than a rebadged ML320 or ML500 so that would mean independent all the way around; it would save DM a bunch of money.
iroc22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2003, 03:47 PM   #9
horatio102
Web Wheeler

If it comes to that I hope it's got a drastically different look, since those ML's are about as ugly as a pile of horse poop.
Unread 11-27-2003, 08:23 PM   #10
wyatterp22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatterp22
Hi all I was just looking up the hemi to see when it was going and if it was going to be put in to gc here is the link for anyone intersted.http://www.thehemi.com/news.php?id=20031119-1
Here is some thing that is rather uglyhttp://www.autointell.com/nao_companies/daimlerchrysler/jeep/jeep-willys2/jeep-willys2-01.htm
Unread 11-27-2003, 08:27 PM   #11
wyatterp22

Quote:
okhttp://www.onetomany.com/jeepnews/content.asp?i=593 here is the rescue
Unread 11-27-2003, 09:02 PM   #12
wyatterp22

Quote:
well everyone I think this is what the new wk will look like
http://ten.ewzone.com/articleFull.asp?aid=197&sid=2
Unread 11-27-2003, 09:43 PM   #13
JAURS

The new WK is not going to be built on the ML platform or have indepenent rear suspension. The new ML will be buiilt on the WK platform. The WK is rumored to have IFS and a SRA from the numerous reports and also from insiders at the plants. It will also have the new HEMI as an engine option.
JAURS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2003, 11:10 PM   #14
Whybu1
Lets go Penguins!!!!

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Whats the big problem with IFS, they only use that on Baja racers and military vehicles the Hummer. We all know how terribly those things perform offroad. Besides, who buys a Grand for off-roading? Yes its nice to be able to do it but there are better choices for dedicated off road vehicles. If Chrysler doesn't sell enough vehicles the whole line may disappear. Oh, a hemi might be nice.
Whybu1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2003, 01:51 AM   #15
horatio102
Web Wheeler

The Hummer does well off road because it's got a crapload of ground clearance and some sort of locking differentials front and rear. The thing doesn't articulate for anything. Most Baja racers are 2wd and I'd be really surprised to see a solid axle on one.

Who buys a grand for off-roading? Me. When my Subaru sells I'm going to replace it with some form of Jeep (haven't decided yet) but I'm thinking about getting another Grand.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.