Well I bought my ZJ about this time last year. I payed 600.00 with blown motor. I was hopping it was a starter or something dumb.The guy who owned it wasn't the brightest or most fit, so he never looked at it or anything. But it was blown crank melted right in to main cap/bearing. Got a motor out of a dodge truck 95 I think, had about 70,000. Then got it on the road and two days later a bad whining noises, front diff. Pinon bearing,carrier bearing, axle, ring & pinon and all seals. Then it wasn't a month later had to do the same to the rear. Oh, by the way I learned about the vent tube being plugged when I did the rear... I also installed skyjacker hydro 8000, duratrac 235/75/15. I just last week installed the winch and winch bracket(witch I bought mount last year) and an K&N intake system. I have on the way 4" Rough County Kit with the adjustable control arm and new johnny joints. Hopefully pic's next weekend of that. Also in the works making roof rack and swinging rear tire gate( few more week until stating this just drew some stuff up and ordered metal, so if you have any input lets here it) I will have to keep the 235/75/15 for a few weeks I want duratrac again but they don't have 32" and not sure I really want 33" I drive it every day.
Well got the kit at 4:45pm this afternoon. I was hoping for an AM delivery but what can you do. I worked on it until 12am. We got about six hours of work in so far. The front is done, thankfully no broke bolts up front. Afraid I wont be able to say the same for the rear. Well I will find out in the AM. Probably another 4 hours or so. Hopefully have pics up tomorrow.
Started working on it today at 9:30 am. Pulled it of the hoist at 3pm. Total of 11.5 hours and only one broke bolt, rear track bar lower bolt.... But it pretty smooth other than that. Alignment Monday morning, wish I could go wheeling tomorrow!
Here is a few pics First all the goodies, It was Christmas in March for me lol. Then some of the new look.
Spent about 3 hours welding broke driver door hing and putting new pin and bushings, also had to weld door up around the latch. It had been messed up for so long it was tearing the metal. No more broke door now! Sorry no pics of it finished, I will try to get some tomorrow. It was getting late on me.