More A/C trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > More A/C trouble

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
rflem550

More A/C trouble

2002 V8, dual-climate control.

I had my heater core replaced in December and while they had the dash out, I had them replace the evap core, blend door actuators, etc b/c my A/C was not working last summer. So they charged the system and it lasted only a couple of weeks. Took it back in February and they said my compressor was bad, so they replaced my compressor. At this point, I've got about $2,000 invested in all this work.

Now the A/C is not cooling. It feels cool when it's cool/cold outside, but when it gets in the upper 60's and into the 70s and close to 80, it does not feel cool at all.

Any ideas?

rflem550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
ChvyKc
2006 XK Commander 

I had this problem with my wife's Liberty. It ended up having a small hole on the back side of the condenser. The AC place that I took it to was able to put in some type of die and tell me exactly where the leak was. They wanted 600 bucks for a new condenser and labor but I did it myself for 225 (condenser and coolant).
ChvyKc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #3
CaseyC
1994 ZJ 

I bought a kit at O'Reilly's. Consisted of a can of "flourescent" dye, a small charging hose and a small flashlight about the size of a fountain pen. Load the can of dye into the system and charge it up to specs. Once it stops cooling, go over the system with the flashlight. Any leaks will show up bright yellow.......
CaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #4
rflem550

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyC View Post
I bought a kit at O'Reilly's. Consisted of a can of "flourescent" dye, a small charging hose and a small flashlight about the size of a fountain pen. Load the can of dye into the system and charge it up to specs. Once it stops cooling, go over the system with the flashlight. Any leaks will show up bright yellow.......

I thought that's what I was paying the shop to do the first two times.
rflem550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
kendalyn07183
2002 WJ 

Was it easy to replace? I was quotes $1,000 to replace the condensor on my 2002 WJ LTD.
kendalyn07183 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.