mods? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > mods?

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 07-04-2001, 07:59 PM   #1
Kess

mods?

does ne one know of any good mods for a price range that a student, with a monthly payment, that is worth while, some things ive been thinking about are wires, plugs, pullly,k&n filter, stuff like that and also nonperformance stuff like superwhite headlights, loud *** horn , i was gonna get a exhaust but expenses came up, and money is limited , so im left with minor adjustmetns for now, lemme know, thanx

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Kess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Hey there. I've got a K&N from my '99 WJ sitting in the box. I don't remember how many miles I put on it, but I think like 15k. I pulled it out when I sold the rig because I figured most people buying a WJ wouldn't want to be hassled by cleaning a filter. So it's just sitting on the shelf. $25 and it's yours.

As far as horns go...I've got Fiamm air horns, but when they need to be replaced (the compressors aren't the most reliable) I'm going with the Hella Supertones. http://www.rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp
They're expensive, but well worth it.

That's also a great place for high-wattage bulbs, but I'd be careful. The WJ headlamp assembly costs like $280 a pop and you might melt them.
horatio102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2001, 11:14 PM   #3
Kess

hmm....i have a performance products book sitting right here and it looks like that your filter is a different type than mine, there is one for 1993-98 and 1999-01, on different lines, for the square ones, or do you hvae one of the cones??if its the square one ill hvae my friend check the ##'s on each one see if they are the same, and i was already looking into like a hella supertone, none of the air horns, tomany people i know have had problems, thanx for the warning on the lamps, i was gonna get the 80/100w or would that not be a good idea?? thanx for the offer on the filter, ill let you know as soon as i know
##'s

Retired:1994 JGC Laredo I6 4.0L, Smittybilt Outland brush guard, 1 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, custom air intake with tube K&N, Borla cat-back, KC Daylighters 6" 150w stainless steel, Xenon superwhite headlights 85/100w, 235/75/15 Pirelli Scorpian A/T, billit aluminum grill inserts
Unread 07-06-2001, 03:59 AM   #4
horatio102
Web Wheeler

After I posted that I started wondering about what year you had. I think the ZJs have glass headlights, correct? If they're glass they will most likely do fine with 80/100s. I'm running Hella 80/100s in my Subaru with no sign of melting anything. If you're going to run higher wattage bulbs you should really think about getting a wiring harness. The stock wires aren't adequite enough. Sure.. they light up better than the stock bulbs, but I've heard that they're even brighter (and they don't burn out as fast) with decent wiring.

If you haven't checked it out yet, that link has some decent prices, and the guy is service oriented. Just don't try to order anything really close to a rally weekend because he'll be busy.

Another place to check out is www.importhookup.com
I know... the Jeep isn't an import. But if you can get around that you'll save money on almost everything at Carparts.com. importhookup has a deal with carparts to offer 10, 20, or even sometimes 30% off their marked prices. I paid $250 for a set of Rallye 4000 lights, extra 130w H1 bulbs, K&N recharget kit, wiring harness, stone shields and maybe something else. Normal price was over $300. It's an outstanding deal and they've got a great selection.

Oh, my K&N is the square one for the 4.7L v8. I think it might be the same as the 4.0l but I'm not sure.
Unread 07-06-2001, 10:28 AM   #5
donkey boy

Horatio,

I might be interested in the K&N, but I need to check first if the V8 and I-6 have the same airfilter. (should be written on the cardboardbox of your filter though)

Does it come complete with the cleaning and reoiling stuff or are you just selling the filter alone?
donkey boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2001, 03:50 PM   #6
horatio102
Web Wheeler

I'm just selling the filter itself. The Recharger kit comes seperate wherever you buy, and since I've got a PRM oil/air filter on my Subaru I still need to keep the kit. (Also have a K&N for the Subaru)

The recharger kit costs ten bucks from carparts.com, I don't know about locally. I'll go check the box and see what it says. When I bought the filter K&N didn't have the WJ listed in any of their books. I don't remember how I figured out that it was the right one... I think I just guessed or something. >shrug<
But it fit better than the one I put in my old Subaru.

from K&N's website:
Quote:
Cherokee 4.0L L6 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2139 Grand
Cherokee 4.7L V8 F/I K&N Air Filter 33-2139 Grand
It took me a while to find it. They're listed under Cherokee with Grand as comments.

I'd wash and re-oil before shipping it to you.
Unread 07-06-2001, 03:52 PM   #7
horatio102
Web Wheeler

Just checked the ZJ and it won't fit, but it's fair game for WJ owners.
Unread 07-07-2001, 05:49 PM   #8
Kess

hey horatio102, i checked and the 99 wj v8 and my 94 zj 4l have the same filter and i am interested in the filter i added you to my aim list, and i will try to get a hold of you as soon as i can weather it be on here or aim, thanx for the offer,

Unread 07-07-2001, 05:57 PM   #9
Kess

hey horatio102, i checked and the 99 wj v8 and my 94 zj 4l have the same filter and i am interested in the filter i added you to my aim list, and i will try to get a hold of you as soon as i can weather it be on here or aim, thanx for the offer,

Unread 07-09-2001, 12:21 PM   #10
donkey boy

horatio,

If in case the deal w/Kess fells trough, please send me an e-mail.
donkey boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.