Mines Stalling too! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Mines Stalling too!

Halloween Savings to die for!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 06-23-2003, 10:14 PM   #16
Bullitt

The Problem Has Returned

Yes friends, my problem with the PCM and connectors has returned as predicted. I will be looking for a replacement PCM tomorrow...Jeep wants $500 plus exchange for a replacement. I'm convinced the problem is a bad solder joint in the PCM but since it can't be opened I'll have to find another.

Here's a shot of the connector pins and an ordinary straight pin dropped in for comparison. Doesn't this just warm your heart to think all these little pins are what's keeping your Jeep running?

Maybe I'll finally get this thing running reliably

Henry

Unread 06-24-2003, 04:46 PM   #17
JEEPTECHNICIAN

how many miles are on your jeep?
JEEPTECHNICIAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2003, 11:15 PM   #18
Bullitt

It has 108K miles. Put the remanufactured PCM in this evening and seems to run okay. Shopped around and got it for $375 through a friend. Guy at the dealership said they sell a lot of the PCMs. If it runs more than a couple of months without a problem I'll call it fixed.

Henry

Last edited by Bullitt; 06-24-2003 at 11:19 PM..
Bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2003, 06:42 PM   #19
jumpstart

My 94 JGC has a similar problem.. Did you get any engine codes with yours. ??
jumpstart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2003, 07:49 PM   #20
Bullitt

Jumpstart,

There were various codes but no check engine light. I got stuff like battery disconnect and misfire codes. The replacement PCM is working fine even though I couldnít program the mileage and VIN number into it like the instructions say to. The VIN is no big deal but the milage might alter some parameters and right now the PCM thinks itís in a new vehicle. Iíll get the mileage programmed in later if it gives me any trouble.

Henry

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.