Message Display Center - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Message Display Center

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 01-03-2005, 06:32 AM   #1
NoBigStick

Message Display Center

Has anyone tore out that message center on their GC? Or maybe taken it out and replaced it with anything else? My buddy used to own a 97ZJ and said that the computer that controlled the whole thing was right behind it.... I don't know just a thought?

NoBigStick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2005, 09:02 AM   #2
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have one on my 93 Limited but wouldn't take it out for the world. Its saved my a** many times when out of town and a battery went bad or my oil was low.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 3.7L Auto

1998 TJ 4.0 Auto Sahara Package 4" Suspension Lift 33 BFG Hard & Soft Top
oct7brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
JCDubya
2009 WK 

Yea, why would you want to remove it?
JCDubya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2005, 08:20 PM   #4
NoBigStick

I was thinking of taking it out and using like a PDA or something in its place. I want to put the P.S.I. sensors in my tires and things like that. And I don't really like a giant console with green lettering displaying the date and time... I want it to be able to tell me a little more than washer fluid low and door ajar.
NoBigStick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #5
oct7brian
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey I guess its a personal choice but I think it would be a lot more work than its worth honestly. If you do it keep us posted I'd like to see what you do

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 3.7L Auto

1998 TJ 4.0 Auto Sahara Package 4" Suspension Lift 33 BFG Hard & Soft Top
oct7brian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2005, 10:18 PM   #6
Interloper

I had mine out for a while, didn't seem to hurt anything. There is a mother of a bunch of wires plugged into it and the VIC is pretty thin, so I would think finding a way to hide all of those wires to reclaim the space would be a hassle.

"nobody cares what's underneath," ...Dieter Zetsche
Interloper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2005, 04:21 AM   #7
ostroffd

I saw pics of a guy who relocated his air vents there and put a LCD screen in place of the stock sterio and vents. It looked kinda cool though I dont know how well the vents would work down there. I dont have a clue how he did it. Also instead of the glove box he had a x-box.
ostroffd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.