message center display - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > message center display

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-17-2003, 02:12 PM   #1
automan25

message center display

I just hopped in my jeep to go to lunch and noticed that the message center display was flashing, the date was set to Jan 1st, and the time read 4:30 am. It's 1:00pm now. The service interval milege was where it is supposed to be. Any ideas what may have caused this?

It sounds like a power disconnect issue, but it's been sitting in the parkinglot of my work all morning, and I didn't notice the problem prior to that. In addition, if it lost power, wouldn't the service mileage have been reset as well?

Unread 07-18-2003, 03:36 AM   #2
Howler

Yes you power disconnected some how. Happend to me a lot and it ended up that the battery posts needed some major cleaning. Has not happend since I've cleaned them. Pick up a post cleaner and make sure all you battery posts are clean.
Howler
Unread 07-19-2003, 01:12 AM   #3
Colorado 5.9
1998 ZJ 

What Howler said. No the mileage will not reset. It will stay the same.
ZJ 98 5.9 LTD. Lots of mods. 7" T&T's Long Arm Lift ,BFG KM2"s,35X12.50x16's,4:56's, Vanco brake upgrade, M1intake,Holley52mmTB,MikeLeach Headers,, Arb'ed HP D30,Aussie Locked rear,Procomp MX6 Shocks,Arb front,RearTR bumpers,ECT.ECT.

Latest Pics
Colorado 5.9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.