memory seats - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > memory seats

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at Oco

Unread 09-02-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
pygocentrus

memory seats

i dunno how to set my memory seats on my GC 98. i set the seats and mirrors, but everytime i set the alarm and get back in, it changes so i have to re-set them everytime i drive. how do i make them permamnent? i dont have the manuals for my car.

pygocentrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #2
jiggajeeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by pygocentrus
i dunno how to set my memory seats on my GC 98. i set the seats and mirrors, but everytime i set the alarm and get back in, it changes so i have to re-set them everytime i drive. how do i make them permamnent? i dont have the manuals for my car.
The memory seats are set to work with the key FOB (remote). It probably came with two remotes, one coded for Memory 1 and the other coded for Memory 2.

If you are setting the seats and mirrors (and radio presets) to Memory 1, but unlocking the vehicle with the remote coded for Memory 2, the seats, mirrors, and presets will change to Memory 2 before you get in the Jeep.

This way, you can have two drivers with different setting who will never have to adjust anything but the rear view mirror.

You can either change your settings to Memory 2 or have the dealer reprogram.
'04 KJ Sport, '98 5.9 Deep Slate, FIPK2, Mopar ECU, '93 XJ Country, '92 YJ 4.0 5speed
jiggajeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 12:43 PM   #3
pygocentrus

can i do this myself? on my door, theres 3 buttons that say, 1, 2, set.
Unread 09-02-2003, 01:37 PM   #4
Fisher
1985 CJ7 

Memory seats.

Quote:
can i do this myself? on my door, theres 3 buttons that say, 1, 2, set.
Okay, get your seat and mirriors where you want them. Then press "set" , and then press "1" or "2" depending on which remote your using. Fisher
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 01:59 PM   #5
pygocentrus

ive done that on both settings, it still moves it.

when i open with alarm, it says sel- 1 on the radio, so i tried setting 1, but still gotta re-arrange it. its pissing me off to re-arrange everytime.
Unread 09-02-2003, 02:42 PM   #6
jiggajeeps

Quote:
ive done that on both settings, it still moves it.

when i open with alarm, it says sel- 1 on the radio, so i tried setting 1, but still gotta re-arrange it. its pissing me off to re-arrange everytime.
I scanned the appropriate pages from the manual in PDF format. Give me your email and I will send them to you.
'04 KJ Sport, '98 5.9 Deep Slate, FIPK2, Mopar ECU, '93 XJ Country, '92 YJ 4.0 5speed
jiggajeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2003, 03:57 PM   #7
pygocentrus

cool, thanks jiggajeeps

my email is jino21381@yahoo.com

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.