Mechanical Fan Blade - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Mechanical Fan Blade

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
tjf1980

Not much luck at the salvage yard. I looked under the hood of my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 and it has about a 2" long mount on the fan clutch. If it wasn't so big and heavy, I would use one of those. I went and ordered a fan clutch for a Dodge Ram 1500 and it looks like it should have a little more clearance. Seems most of the Dodge and Jeep V8's have a clutch that sticks out farther. Should be in Tuesday so I will post if it fits in case anyone else runs across the same problems.

tjf1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #17
tjf1980

I found a winning combo. I had to use a fan clutch for a newer Dodge Ram pickup and the 7 blade fan as listed in the previous mech fan upgrade thread. The fan clutch had a mounting nut that was about 2" to 2 1/2" long. This got the fan away from the motor and about 2" from the radiator. The only tricky thing was that the longer fan clutch made me have to slide the shroud, clutch, and fan in all at the same time but it wasn't a big deal. Works great so far and moves a lot of air.

TorquFlo Fan Clutch #922511
7 Blade Fan Mopar #55037650AA
Unread 10-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #18
owenswj
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thats great. Did you ever find out why a factory clutch wouldn't work?
owenswj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2009, 05:34 PM   #19
tjf1980

No idea why it wouldn't work. I went to the salvage yard and lots of them were the same, ie a really short nut on the clutch. Never found a 4.0 with a fan on the motor so I could see it. The 318 dodge motors had about a 1/2" longer clutch mount with a flatter 5 blade fan and that may have just barely worked but they wanted $50 for an old rusty used one from the pile. Plus I would have had way more gap between the fan and radiator than I wanted. Using the Dodge Ram clutch probably won't work if a person wanted to keep the e-fan and add a mech fan. And plan ahead because no body here in the whole city had the Dodge Ram clutch in stock, they had to order it.

I still have the 93-98 JGC 7 blade fan blade that I originally purchased if anyone is looking for one.
Unread 06-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #20
AvigdorAharon

Hello,

Does someone use more then 7 blades for 4.0 engine?
I have 7 blades on 4.0 GC 1996 and I want to upgrade the cooling at low RPM.

Thanks,
Avigdor
AvigdorAharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 10:29 AM   #21
AvigdorAharon

does anyone used more then 7 fan blades on ZJ 4.0 engine?

Avigdor
AvigdorAharon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.