MB quart component crossover question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > MB quart component crossover question

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 03-27-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
greyhnd
1996 ZJ 

MB quart component crossover question

hey folks.
I'll be installing my new MB Quart components in a few days and have some confusion about using the supplied crossovers with the factory Infinity amp.

When I installed my new HU I chose to keep the factory amp operational until I can replace it in a few months. It's my understanding that there is a crossover for the front door speakers and dash tweeters inside the factory amp. If that's the case, what should I do about the crossovers that came with the new components? Should I go ahead and use them or rely on the crossover in the amp to take care of things? The new crossovers have more adjustments and are pretty nice and I hate not to use them.

Is there a way to bypass the crossover inside the Infinity amp? I'm not afraid to dig into the amp internals, I just don't know what the heck I'm looking for.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful to hear them. Thanks in advance.

greyhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
Foundrydude
1995 ZJ 

Either replace the amp with a traditional unit or don't use the MB crossovers. You're going to have to make some kind of comprise putting it together in steps like that.
Foundrydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #3
greyhnd
1996 ZJ 

Foundrydude - So the amp internal crossovers will work for the short term? Just wasn't sure if the new tweeters would get the kind of protection they needed running them that way. I've got my eyes on a couple amps that won't break the bank and I think do a nice job for me. Only need to save a few more dollars.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.
greyhnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.