Maybe a dumb question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Maybe a dumb question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Mikeg175
2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe a dumb question

Ok , I have a decent list of items I need to do , and then some that are on my to-do wish list .
First I have the dreaded blend door issues and that is a need to fix ( wife likes different temps ) , so my question is this . I am making the switch soon from a 247 to a 242 and I scored a great deal on my shifter from a local junk yard , so I was thinking that if I'm taking the center console out to put in the heater treater and dash , I might as well slap in the shifter and call it a day . I was thinking it would just read different , but I should be smart enough to know what gear I have my TC in until I make the swap . I just wanted to know if I was correct in this assumption or should I just wait till I make the switch and retake out center console ? Thanks

Mikeg175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
straty1987

you can keep the dual control and not take the dash apart, i just did it. check it out http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-pics-884932/

i don't think the dash needs to be taken apart the hole dash for the shifter to be put in so might save you a good deal of time

to answer you original question i think it would be allot of work and wasted time to take it apart twice, so if you can do a hole day of work and get it over with it probably be best bet.

good luck
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Mikeg175
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks , I was looking at the no dash option , but I have the recirc code also , I guess I might just have to pop open the glove box and look to see if the 5$ fix they offer might work . Then I would save a ton of time ( I also was not looking forward to removing the dash , was just thinking of being lazy and paying mechanic friend to do it ( let him agree to do the job , then see how much of pita it was hehe ) . I guess , I'll just wait till I do the swap and make all the necessary changes then .
Mikeg175 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeg175 View Post
Thanks , I was looking at the no dash option , but I have the recirc code also , I guess I might just have to pop open the glove box and look to see if the 5$ fix they offer might work . Then I would save a ton of time ( I also was not looking forward to removing the dash , was just thinking of being lazy and paying mechanic friend to do it ( let him agree to do the job , then see how much of pita it was hehe ) . I guess , I'll just wait till I do the swap and make all the necessary changes then .
taking apart the dash is long but if you have someone help and can work a screwdriver it not all that bad form what i heard, but to me dose not justify the 6+ hours of work
straty1987 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.