Maybe a dumb question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Maybe a dumb question

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 10-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #1
Mikeg175
2007 JK Wrangler 

Maybe a dumb question

Ok , I have a decent list of items I need to do , and then some that are on my to-do wish list .
First I have the dreaded blend door issues and that is a need to fix ( wife likes different temps ) , so my question is this . I am making the switch soon from a 247 to a 242 and I scored a great deal on my shifter from a local junk yard , so I was thinking that if I'm taking the center console out to put in the heater treater and dash , I might as well slap in the shifter and call it a day . I was thinking it would just read different , but I should be smart enough to know what gear I have my TC in until I make the swap . I just wanted to know if I was correct in this assumption or should I just wait till I make the switch and retake out center console ? Thanks

Mikeg175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2009, 11:50 PM   #2
straty1987

you can keep the dual control and not take the dash apart, i just did it. check it out http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...p-pics-884932/

i don't think the dash needs to be taken apart the hole dash for the shifter to be put in so might save you a good deal of time

to answer you original question i think it would be allot of work and wasted time to take it apart twice, so if you can do a hole day of work and get it over with it probably be best bet.

good luck
straty1987 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #3
Mikeg175
2007 JK Wrangler 

Thanks , I was looking at the no dash option , but I have the recirc code also , I guess I might just have to pop open the glove box and look to see if the 5$ fix they offer might work . Then I would save a ton of time ( I also was not looking forward to removing the dash , was just thinking of being lazy and paying mechanic friend to do it ( let him agree to do the job , then see how much of pita it was hehe ) . I guess , I'll just wait till I do the swap and make all the necessary changes then .
Mikeg175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #4
straty1987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeg175 View Post
Thanks , I was looking at the no dash option , but I have the recirc code also , I guess I might just have to pop open the glove box and look to see if the 5$ fix they offer might work . Then I would save a ton of time ( I also was not looking forward to removing the dash , was just thinking of being lazy and paying mechanic friend to do it ( let him agree to do the job , then see how much of pita it was hehe ) . I guess , I'll just wait till I do the swap and make all the necessary changes then .
taking apart the dash is long but if you have someone help and can work a screwdriver it not all that bad form what i heard, but to me dose not justify the 6+ hours of work
straty1987 is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.