maintence tips please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > maintence tips please

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 09-26-2002, 08:38 PM   #1
buster133

maintence tips please

I soon plan to change the spark plugs and drain, flush and fill the cooling system on my sister's 99 Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0, It has 42000 miles and we are still running on the original stuff, so before winter its a good time. I do this type of work on my Honda all the time, but this jeep is entirely different and without a service manual I was just wondering if there is anything I should be aware of. I have done some research but most of what I have found was for the previous generation of Grands, and I am sure that some things have changed. I haven't been underneath it since the last oil change, but where exactly is the drain bolt on the engine block, Do I need a special tool to remove it, or is it just a bolt like the oil pan and most importantly is it really worth it to remove it. I don't want to be annoying with all the questions, but I'd rather ask now, then ask later while try to fix something that is broken. Thanks in advance, Butster

buster133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2002, 12:40 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

I always think it is a good idea to pick up a chilton's or Haynes Repair Manual. You can get them from your auto parts store, usually about $15. I have a haynes that covers 1993 through 2000 Grand Cherokees, so I know they are available. The first chapter covers tune ups and routine maintenance.

Because of the lack of responses to this post I'm going to guess that a lot of ZJ and WJ owners take their Jeeps to an Oil and Lube shop to get their oil changed.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2002, 02:55 PM   #3
Big Dumb White Guy

lay on your back, behind the front tire. slide under the vehicle. you will be looking at the transmission. look to the front of the truck. you'll see the plug. i think it takes like a 1/2 wrench.but be careful when you take out the plug. the oil squirts out about a 1 foot behing the plug. so be ready with your oil catcher.

good luck!

A guy walks into the psychiatrist office wearing only Glad Wrap shorts. The shrink says, "Well, I can clearly see you're nuts."
Big Dumb White Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.