Low idle RPM, coolant temp. gauge is max, air bag light on? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Low idle RPM, coolant temp. gauge is max, air bag light on?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

Unread 07-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
shad366
2002 WJ 

Low idle RPM, coolant temp. gauge is max, air bag light on?

I recently worked on my valve cover and throttle body. I just started the Jeep up, and the idle RPM is 500-800, and the air bag light is on. The coolant temp gauge is also maxed out. Any suggestions as to what this could be? Some coolant did leak out of the upper radiator hose when I took the valve cover off, and there is a chance the intake manifold gasket is not set right... Other than that, everything checks out. Could it be IAC? And maybe a failing coolant temp. sensor?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.