loud engine - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > loud engine

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 07-25-2003, 06:41 PM   #1
jeepguy1996

loud engine

Hi. I have a 1996 grand cherokee limited. I was driving up to big bear mountain when it started to overheat. So, when I got back I replaced the radiator, thermostat, and the fan clutch. My question is that now the engine is really loud when you rev up the engine at high RPM's. I would think it is the fan clutch breaking in but it comes and goes. Also, it started before I replaced the cooling system. Has anyone else had this problem?

jeepguy1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2003, 02:42 PM   #2
jeepguy1996

anybody out there have any ideas? Sometimes it runs really smooth and other times its loud and rough running. Come on any ideas?
Unread 07-27-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

MIght be the fan... What does it sound like??
Unread 07-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #4
jeepguy1996

it does sound like a loud fan. I just replace the fan clutch so thats why I was thinking it was ok at first. But It comes and goes so I dont know.
Unread 07-27-2003, 04:00 PM   #5
gosling1

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy1996
anybody out there have any ideas? Sometimes it runs really smooth and other times its loud and rough running. Come on any ideas?
If it is running rough or bogging down under excelleration it could be a clogged cat. convertor. Something toi think about.

chris
g1

Tango Uniform
gosling1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2003, 04:48 PM   #6
Swamp Boy
1993 ZJ 

Do you mean the noise comes and goes while the fan is running or are you saying that you only hear the noise onceand a while..
Because thats the whole point of a clutch fan it doesnt run full force all the time. . It could very well be the fan...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.