A lot of mold... seat compatibility/liner questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > A lot of mold... seat compatibility/liner questions

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 10-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
Villanofun
1995 ZJ 

My ZJ Resurrection: Bedlined Interior & Other Goodies

Long story short, I had a very moldy '95 ZJ that I am going to clean and guy. Instead of cleaning the carpet, I am just going to rip it all out and use herculiner everywhere. What should I do about the headliner? Just clean it? Any specific advice for doing an interior liner job?

Also, I figure it will be easier/safer to replace the seats instead of cleaning them. What seats will fit INTO a '95 ZJ? I read somewhere that ZJ seats would fit into WJs, but is the reverse true?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

Last edited by Villanofun; 11-06-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Villanofun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Just a tip...don't forget to bed-line under the back seat. When i got my ZJ (3rd owner) I looked under there and was disgusted. Took out the carpet, took everything else out, cleaned it up with Simple Green, and bed lined it. Can't wait to do the rest of the floor!
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Ive heard of ppl swapping in wj seats not sure on the back ones though.
Unread 11-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Villanofun
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Just a tip...don't forget to bed-line under the back seat. When i got my ZJ (3rd owner) I looked under there and was disgusted. Took out the carpet, took everything else out, cleaned it up with Simple Green, and bed lined it. Can't wait to do the rest of the floor!

I didn't miss anything
Unread 11-03-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

Looks awesome! Any pics with everything reinstalled? (Preferably of the front seat area) looking to do this to mine eventually. I'll probably paint tan over the black though. I kinda like the tan interior I have.
Unread 11-04-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Villanofun
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJNewbi3 View Post
Looks awesome! Any pics with everything reinstalled? (Preferably of the front seat area) looking to do this to mine eventually. I'll probably paint tan over the black though. I kinda like the tan interior I have.
I let it dry overnight. I will be putting the seats back in on Wednesday (hopefully)
Unread 11-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #7
ieattacos
1993 ZJ 

Subd i wana see end results also my kid spelt choco milk n back floor thinking about doing this instead of shampooing carperts
ieattacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Villanofun
1995 ZJ 

I put the seats back in today:

Unfortunately, I sheered the two rear bolts on both front seats. So if I get in an accident, I would probably die.

I am going to weld the seats to the floor to make sure that doesn't happen. All in all, the smell of the bedliner (very strong) has almost dissipated after two days.

I also flushed the entire coolant system today.

Power steering, transmission, and transfer case fluids should be done by week's end.

Full brake replacement (pads, calipers, rotors, and lines) will hopefully be completed by Monday.

Last edited by Villanofun; 11-06-2013 at 02:26 PM..
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #9
ieattacos
1993 ZJ 

Looks good budd
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:21 PM   #10
Gearhead31
1995 ZJ 

subd as well. Looking to do this to mine, interested to see how it turns out. Looks great so far!
[QUOTE=JasonStebbins]We can call it the Whoosh King Catalog System. :D[/QUOTE]
Gearhead31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

Rear seat bolts can be seen from underneath the jeep try welding a nut to the bottom side and see if that works. Even if you got three bolts per seat then they are still removeable for later on.
Unread 11-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #12
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

looks awesome with the bed liner! good luck with the seats!
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #13
Villanofun
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
Rear seat bolts can be seen from underneath the jeep try welding a nut to the bottom side and see if that works. Even if you got three bolts per seat then they are still removeable for later on.
The result of sheering has left the threaded sections of the bolts are sitting in the tapped hole. I could drill them out and re-tap it, but I think welding it down is just easier.

I am also debating whether to get a remote starter kit ($150 + install) or just wire a small unit heater into the system, because this thing is going to be COLD in the winter (when I am primarily driving it).
Unread 11-07-2013, 06:55 AM   #14
ieattacos
1993 ZJ 

Whats wrong with your heater
Unread 11-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #15
ZJNewbi3
1995 ZJ 

I heard remote starts really give you problems in these jeeps. Espically since the factory electrical work has so many problems

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.