looking for the rebuildable kit for the window regulators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > looking for the rebuildable kit for the window regulators

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 04-08-2009, 05:19 AM   #1
BOTTLEDZ28

looking for the rebuildable kit for the window regulators

I have a 2001 GC and both front windows dont work due to broken regulators or something. It looks like the cable is either broke or something else that the cable goes to is broke. I cant really tell until I pull it out but I know I read somewehre that this is a common problem on these Jeeps and there is a replacement part out there I can buy instead of replacing the entire regulator. Does anyone have any info on this? Is it worth trying to fix them or just buy new (cheap China made) regulators and just throw them in and be done with it? I am very handy and canfix anything but I just need to know if its worth it or not

Unread 04-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #2
journey50
2002 WJ 

http://www.josh-n-lisa.com/2006/08/2...dow-regulator/

go to that link and it tells u everything... it should be added in the faq section... u cant buy rebuild kits... go to advance or autozone... its about 100.00 i have a 02 limited and both drivers side windows went out.. takes an hour to do with simple tools... good luck. my dealership wants 450 to change one out..with the one i bought to fix it..
journey50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
MAUSS
1996 ZJ 

Rockauto has them new (Dorman) for about $78 for the front doors, including the motor.
Unread 04-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
BOTTLEDZ28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAUSS View Post
Rockauto has them new (Dorman) for about $78 for the front doors, including the motor.

I will have to look into that. I thought there was a nylon peice that always breaks in them. I wish I could just replce that but Im willing to bet the cable is broke now too.
Unread 04-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
BOTTLEDZ28

Has anyone used this replacement block? http://www.pocketlogger.com/index.php?pid=jpw

I MAY buy 2 of these along with new regulators. I just have to decide on how long I plan on keeping this POS Jeep. its killing me already with all the little things. I dont think I will ever buy another Jeep again. Between the fan relay issue at least twice a year AND the regulators and the $3k trans at 45K miles to the leaky radiator and part time light always coming on for no reason, I have had enough already. It has 103K on it and its ALL highways miles.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.