looking for a good jps for hitting backroads - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > looking for a good jps for hitting backroads

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-12-2014, 09:31 AM   #1
wchancey

looking for a good jps for hitting backroads

I am brand new to the the forum and too Jeeps. I am 63 and this is my first 4wd drive vehicle which is a 2002 Grand Cherokee Laredo.

I would really like to get out and explore some of the back roads and fire trails in the area this mushroom season , and with my sense of direction I will surely get lost.

So I am looking for a nice size screen GPS that will do more than city streets and if it has extra bells about whistles that would be a plus. I would perfer someone's personal experience rather than a brief description under a picture.

As I said I am brand new so if I breached some forum protocol I am sorry. Thanks for any help.

wchancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #2
Oldfrog
Web Wheeler
1997 ZJ 

Welcome to JF.

Part of the fun is getting "lost"...chuckle...
Or as I call it..."getting turned around". Men NEVER get lost...just turned around

That said, I do have a tomtom gps that I only use when out of town....and only to get off main drags in cities to avoid traffic. But if Im offroad, I know I can FIND a road by using it. Other than that, I'm afraid, I'm not much help to you.

BTW, your 2002 model is a "WJ"

93-98 = ZJ
99-04 = WJ
05-10 = WK

Have fun with your new toy !

Words of wisdom, Posted by Zeejay:
"..it's not air, it is the opposite of air... suckage so to speak."
Oldfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.