Looking to buy a Grand Cherokee, Advice Please? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking to buy a Grand Cherokee, Advice Please?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-23-2003, 02:59 PM   #16
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

I really love it.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2003, 09:37 PM   #17
sn0b0ards

I think I might want to get the Red 1994 Laredo 4x4 V8..

Anyone have any thoughts on why the a/c might not work? Probably just needs a recharge?

How much would a nice used set of the OEM 1996+ 5-spoke style wheels cost?

Does anyone want a grey leather interior? I don't like it and would rather have cloth, or a smooth leather..

He wants about 5800-6000 for it.
83500 miles. V8. 4x4 Laredo. Leather, CD, VIC(is that the computer?),

It needs a new windshield (eventually)
A/C doesnt work (might just need a recharge)
Probably front rotors soon

Where can I take it for an inspection, to make sure Im not getting into a money pit?
I would assume the dealer, but do any other places work on jeeps, or would know about them? Or should I just look for a regular domestic auto shop around here.

Last edited by sn0b0ards; 06-25-2003 at 10:13 PM..
sn0b0ards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #18
Digger196

DO NOT!! buy the car until you at least know what is wrong with the a/c. (that is unless you have at least 1,500 dollars sitting around for a possible fix) i spent that much getting the evaporator replaced in mine and it is newer and has less miles than that one. i mean if you don't mind not having the a/c i guess it's not a huge problem but i'd still like to find out whats broken in it before i buy.

to get it checked out just find a gas station that runs a decent shop and just get them to give it the once over. the a/c might be a little tricky though if it's not just a simple recharge. good luck to ya.
Digger196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.