Looking for a body donor jeep? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Looking for a body donor jeep?

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 09-02-2013, 10:18 AM   #1
Left_Clicker
1996 ZJ 

Looking for a body donor jeep?

Hello guys, you may have seen my post a week or so back detailing the death of my jeep because of rust on the frame, and now I want to bring it back into another jeep.

My old jeep has 120k miles on motor, brand new front axle and known good transfer case.

I want to put that into another ZJ with little to no rust, and I wanted to ask you guys if there would be any compatibility problems? Like if I find a body that had a v8 would my i6 fit in there directly or would the engine bay need to be modified?

If I found a 95,(pre-revision in 96) would my 96 parts and engine and electronics go in there?

Just things like this, what would be the most compatible donor vehicle to try to find? Other than the exact same one lol.

Left_Clicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:16 AM   #2
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

It may just be easier to keep your jeep for parts, and find a good jeep that's 95 or 96 that's in good working order... plus it could be easier than swapping alot of stuff out.
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #3
Left_Clicker
1996 ZJ 

I would love that, I found one but they usually have a TON of rust.

I've found a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, with no engine, it had a 4.0 I6, do you or anyone else here know if I could put my engine into this one? I love the look of WJ's.

I will also ask the WJ section see what they say, thanks for any input guys!
Left_Clicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

For a 1999-2004 GC, you'll want the WJ section.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
Pugulis
1996 ZJ 

Unless the V8 was toast, I don't know why you'd want to put your I6 in it. But you can do it. You'd have to change some of the wiring and computer to do it. You own a 96 so don't even bother with an older one. The wiring doesn't match up at all. The connectors are all different and some are missing completely. It would be allot simpler to look for a 96-98 with an I6. Also, unless you've done allot of work to your engine and the donor is a wreak, it's a waste of time.
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #6
phitmein
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

to bad you don't live closer .

I have a 95 with no rust, that I know of, since it is a SC ride .

It has 175,000 on it and other than the unusual cracked Ex. manifold it is in very good cond. both inside and out .

I bought it as it is from a very good and very old friend .

I totally trust him and when he says it is all highway miles I have no doubts .

He is a traveling salesman and not a hunter or a 4x4'er .

He told me he only had tried to wheel it in 4 wheel drive one time for a few miles at most once in NC .

95 Grand 3.73 gears and tow package .

Select trac tranny .

No dents and no rust that I know of .

We don't use salt here much at all and just on the bridges .

We had no snow again last year and rarely do, I doubt if I have seen two snows in one year in 56 years .

If it has ever been in salt and rusted I can't see it or haven't yet .
phitmein is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.