JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   Look what I found (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/look-what-i-found-246549/)

10achik 03-07-2006 01:39 AM

Look what I found

2 Attachment(s)
It was just sitting there on the porch when I got home tonight, trying to figure out the best place to mount it, I was thinking of mounting it laying flat in the back, but it says not to use it like that, but if I was going to use it I would take it out anyway. Anybody else have a pic of how they mounted theirs?

Oh and the second picture is Keith's fault. He sent me another jeepforum emblem, so you know me, I gotta find a creative spot to put it. :D I already had the skull there BTW.

Wiley 03-07-2006 01:46 AM

All right! It's always fun finding stuff on the porch. Good luck mounting that beast.

10achik 03-07-2006 01:48 AM

Man, I can always count on you to be up late on the board :thumbsup:

AgitatedPancake 03-07-2006 01:54 AM

is that a 10lb or 20lb? Either way man...*shivers* I need some sort of OBA =D.

Wiley 03-07-2006 01:55 AM

Yeah, I leave the computer on pretty much all evening. I come back to check it periodically. I probably shouldn't since I always end up staying on until about 1:30 and I have to get up early for work. Oh, well. At least I get caught up on the threads. Wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to learn something!

10achik 03-07-2006 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake
is that a 10lb or 20lb? Either way man...*shivers* I need some sort of OBA =D.

It's only the 10lb, but it's big enough for me. Really not a bad deal at all, I found it on ebay. There's a guy that sells them brand new for $199, some of his auctions have $30 shipping and some have $18, not sure why. I also picked up a set of the TrailHead tire deflators and calibrated them a few minutes ago, they are set to take my 32's down to 16psi for wheeling.

Quote:

Wouldn't want to miss the opportunity to learn something!
Absolutely, I learn something knew everyday here, and that's saying something with this group :rofl: j/k

AgitatedPancake 03-07-2006 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10achik
It's only the 10lb, but it's big enough for me. Really not a bad deal at all, I found it on ebay. There's a guy that sells them brand new for $199, some of his auctions have $30 shipping and some have $18, not sure why. I also picked up a set of the TrailHead tire deflators and calibrated them a few minutes ago, they are set to take my 32's down to 16psi for wheeling.

Absolutely, I learn something knew everyday here, and that's saying something with this group :rofl: j/k

You should have learned not to listen to these guys a long ago...:rofl:

Yeah Im going to try to score a C02 tank sometime soon...incase I pop beads at moab or on the 'con (going out on the rubicon ALOT this summer).THough...there are going to be alot of other things happening to the jeep first.

10achik 03-07-2006 03:42 AM

You've already got a pretty sweet rig, it can only get better :thumbsup:

Smith Erick 03-07-2006 06:47 AM

With my co2 Experience from being around Paintball for 6 years and dealing with the small tanks as well as the bulk tanks. I wouldn't reccomend mounting sideways/upside down. In paintball if it is angled downward, the liquid from the co2 with come out as well as the air, so you will be putting water in your tires ...:(

Radiac 03-07-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smith Erick
With my co2 Experience from being around Paintball for 6 years and dealing with the small tanks as well as the bulk tanks. I wouldn't reccomend mounting sideways/upside down. In paintball if it is angled downward, the liquid from the co2 with come out as well as the air, so you will be putting water in your tires ...:(

How does the angle of the tank change the CO2 to H2O ?: :D

Smith Erick 03-07-2006 07:26 AM

Well its not running water, but im sure you don't want any mostiure or liquid in your tires. If you wanted to mount sideways etc you can get a anti-siphon tube which is a copper tube bent upward when you tank is in its mount, therefore letting the gas out, but no liquid.

BlaineWasHere 03-07-2006 07:51 AM

We use Tim's right side up all the time for tires and air tools and never had anu peoblems with it right side up.

PlatinumZJ 03-07-2006 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10achik
It was just sitting there on the porch when I got home tonight, trying to figure out the best place to mount it, I was thinking of mounting it laying flat in the back, but it says not to use it like that, but if I was going to use it I would take it out anyway. Anybody else have a pic of how they mounted theirs?

Oh and the second picture is Keith's fault. He sent me another jeepforum emblem, so you know me, I gotta find a creative spot to put it. :D I already had the skull there BTW.

I've got mine bolted to the spare tire anchor (ZJ), but you don't have one. Did you get a mounting rack?

GreenDean 03-07-2006 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiac

Any angle over 45 degrees creates magic pixie dust and thus you have water.

Hope this helped.

PlatinumZJ 03-07-2006 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiac

It doesn't, BUT if the tank is full and the angle low enough, liquid co2 comes out instead of co2 gas. With the confining pressure removed (somewhere in the 800 to 900 psi range?) the liquid co2 rapidly turns to gas (which absorbs alot of heat).

A fun experiment would be to put liquid co2 into a tire to see if it could blow the tire off the rim - from a GREAT distance of course. Where are the mythbusters when you need them?

The time now is 06:13 AM.