Long term goals and plans - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 03-20-2016, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
1993 ZJ 
Long term goals and plans

Due to budgets and the rest of life getting in the way of our project vehicle most of us need to take our steps to the goal one at a time. I've had my Jeep for about 14 years now. It served me well as a daily when I first got it for a good 5 years. Sat for almost 3 years and became a toy. Gave it hell on trails for the 3 after that and then for the remaining few have been doing what I can to undo the problems I've caused it from the abuse and upgrade accordingly to prevent all the issues I've came across along this journey.

I'm in it for the long haul with mine! Taking it to the grave! While most look at these as disposable toys I know I can't be the only one that wants to keep theirs forever.

So far I'm at 4.5" lift on 33s with front Clayton long arms. Durango steering box, Bilstien shocks, custom tube bumpers and a blah HF winch. JKS bar pin eliminators and quicker disconnects. Within a month hopefully having my 8.8 ready to go in with 4.56 gears, truss, Yukon ultimate 88 kit and Detroit true track LSD.

The rest of my long term goals is a 44 for the front trussed and geared with a Detroit locker. Rear Clayton long arms and belly skid. 2lo and or wide chain for my 231 case. Rock hard rear bumper with tire carrier. Currie steering and finally a clean paint job again!

I'm done with destroying it. It's been with me for almost half my life. So I'm sticking with 33s to tops 35s. My goal is pretty much an indestructible long road trip worthy but yet extremely capable off road if **** happens rig that I know will always be ready for life.

Anyone else feel like that about their ZJ? Or is it just another beat it to the ground and strip it vehicle to you?

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 03-20-2016, 02:20 PM
1997 ZJ 
I went a similar route with mine, I plan on having it for awhile.

Build thread^^

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.