Long day under the ZJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-02-2007, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
coonash

Long day under the ZJ

Well, fuel pump went out yesterday, started this morning taking off bumper, well aftermarket bumper, reciever hitch, and skid plate. after wrestling a full tank of gas. got it changed and back up by noon minus bumper ect...
Now it would run, no sputter around and die evertime i made a turn. Spark plugs looked bad, changed them, no better. Finally guy at the parts store(who also has a ZJ) recommended cleaning the throttle body sensor. Now its back to normal(well normal for a ZJ). Next I'm going to weld a receiver into the bumper.
Ash

Oh Yeah, Holy crap that fuel pump was expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 PM
Ds4x4

2012 JK Wrangler 

should have done the swampy bypass... except you if you wanted to keep the stock pump you could have..

1996 ZJ Orvis Edition,V8 5.2L
Tow & Skid Package, FM 40,44a - 3.73, NP249
265/75/16 Destination M/T's, JKS Discos, UC; Dual Intake;Red Top;
OME Stab.; Rustys 2" BB + shocks, xtreme hi-lift, Kennesaw Rear MultiCarrier
Proud To Be A FF/EMT/Police/Military Club Member #15
post #3 of 4 Old 10-02-2007, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
coonash

The Swampy Bypass??

O.K. just read up on it. I'll look into that if this one goes out

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-90
This is an online forum, and the written word is the primary method of communication. If you make an effort to communicate clearly, people will be willing to communicate in return. If you don't make an effort, I don't see why I should - write like an idiot, and I'm going to think you're an idiot, that's just how things work.
USN Jeep Club Number 41

post #4 of 4 Old 10-02-2007, 08:29 PM
EMTimZJ
GSMW!

1994 ZJ 

Replace your fuel filter too. The swampy bypass is great.

-Tim
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KD8EBC
'94 ZJ 5.2 LTD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

JCR Rock Sliders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.