Lockers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Lockers

Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 05-13-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
Camster

Lockers

i have a 96 ZJ and am looking for a good locker. based on what i read earlier i want a front one. i'm looking for the best bang for the buck, also i want to keep my rig street worthy. it's the only car i got. for that reason a selectable locker appeals to me. if you could get me some brand names and what i could expect to pay that'd be good. also what does it take to install these things. i would probably have to get someone else to do it but it would just be good to know. thanks.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2002, 01:39 PM   #2
Camster

one more thing. i have the full time all wheel drive option so i'm afraid this might cause some problems. if anyone has this set up please tell me what is working for you.

Unread 05-15-2002, 03:48 AM   #3
Digger196

idk cam. and the big daghs aren't replying to ya. lol, lata man
Digger196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2002, 08:22 PM   #4
WharfRat123

Yes, you need a selectable locker. But for the price, you almost might as well go for a T-Case swap and an automatic locker.

Two choices that I know of:

OX--Cable Activated--Probably $699 (+ shipping if applicable) (+install of around 5-8 hours labor. I think they might be charging like an extra $100 for the cable too now on top of that, but not sure...

ARB Air locker--Similar cost once locker, compressor, and install are bought and completed. Maybe just a little bit cheaper.

You could do a T-case swap and an auto locker for like under a grand still too.

I opted for the OX and trash-loc together make it go combo...
Unread 05-16-2002, 01:45 PM   #5
Camster

What exactly do you mean? i cannot picture what you are talking about. and wouldn't swapping a T-case cause potential for many more problems that cost just as much money? (although i'm still not going to pay 700+ bucks like you were talking about)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.