Location of ABS Computer in 97 GC? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Location of ABS Computer in 97 GC?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 04-03-2004, 08:48 AM   #1
sntaday

Location of ABS Computer in 97 GC?

I am looking for the ABS controller module in my 97 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I thought it was by the air filter. Thanks for your help!

sntaday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2004, 11:16 PM   #2
ZJGuido
1998 ZJ 

I can help you with this 'cause i recently had to change my ABS controller. The ABS controller and the ABS hydraulic pump are all one unit. This unit is located behind the air filter and in front of the master cylinder. You will be able to see the top of the pump but you wont be able to see the actual ABS controller 'cause its under the pump. To identify the unit, look for a cylinder-type shape that is screwed to what looks like a block and to the left of it you'll see a harness with a connecter that plugs into the block. You'll know what I'm talkin about when you take a look under the hood.

The downside is if you have to change the pump or the computer, you'll have to replace the whole unit.

Hope I helped!!
Unread 04-05-2004, 09:46 AM   #3
sntaday

Thanks, ZJGuido

I found a used part on eBay. Hopefully, I will be able to install this myself, as long as nothing other than just replacing it needs to be done.

Hopefully, it will be a slam dunk.
sntaday is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.